Gun Talk

VL-16

Interested to hear your thoughts on the Glock 19. Gen 3 or Gen 4? I used to have one several years ago but sold it. I still have the Glock 17 I mentioned a while back in addition to a Glock 26.

I got a used Gen 3, 2005 manufacture. I haven't shot it yet but I'll report back. It's nice and compact but my pinky fits on the grip.

I shot a FBI Glock 23 a couple of weeks back, which confirmed my dislike for compact pistols in larger calibers. I have no problems with a 9mm or a .380, but I just need a full sized grip on anything that starts with the number '4'.

That said, got a chance to shoot a magazine through a full-auto Thompson machine gun, which was a blast! I love a slower rate of fire! :violent-smiley-017:

The MP-5/10 in 10mm was sweet as well!

Excuse my horrible habit of sticking my right elbow straight out, I've always had a tough time not doing that!

Cheers! M2

• 2 weeks later...

You gonna try to pocket carry it or IWB? It's been mentioned before in the thread, but look at the Crossbreed SuperTuck. Mine carries a Combat Commander (substantially larger and heavier than your Shield) comfortably. The Shield is on my buy-when-I-get-home list and it'll ride in the SuperTuck. Ask for their mil discount, too.

Edited by nunya

A question for anyone who has experience w/ setting up an NFA trust - does a trust require a physical address or could I use a P.O. Box? Getting ready to redeploy and then PCS, but I want to get moving on the trust and figure I can get P.O. Box quicker than an actual address..

A question for anyone who has experience w/ setting up an NFA trust - does a trust require a physical address or could I use a P.O. Box? Getting ready to redeploy and then PCS, but I want to get moving on the trust and figure I can get P.O. Box quicker than an actual address..

I don't think they really need a specific address for the trust - it is definitely based on a specific state. The actual ATF paperwork is 100% physical address - and they want to know everytime you move...

I'm looking for a good CC that both I and/or my wife could use... Any suggestions?

Full disclosure: I've done a little research, but am not really a gun guy... yet. I'm interested and willing to learn.

For my wife to handle, I'm looking for something with an actual safety, not a long trigger pull, like some I've read about.

Thanks, guys.

I'm looking for a good CC that both I and/or my wife could use... Any suggestions?

Full disclosure: I've done a little research, but am not really a gun guy... yet. I'm interested and willing to learn.

For my wife to handle, I'm looking for something with an actual safety, not a long trigger pull, like some I've read about.

Thanks, guys.

Just a word of advice - take the spousal unit and have her attempt to manipulate any semi-auto you are thinking about. I found out the hard way that my wife can't operate the HK I bought "for her"...

And you can't go wrong with a basic Glock (17 or 19) in 9mm. Very good pistol that you could likely get for $400 as a military member. I would still suggest finding a local range that rents guns to see if you will like it though.

I have a Kahr .380 Auto and I am sorry to say that I am not a fan. Had I known what I know now, I would have likely bought the Sig .380 for summer CC rather than the Kahr, or even better, wait for the SA single stack 45. The Sig has a manual safety if that is really a must have. Personally, I ruled that out as a must have because a good pistol design combined with a good holster should prevent any accidental firings. However, if your wife is going to CC in her purse, the thin profile I was looking for may not be a factor for her.

On a related note, I have a Kahr .380 for sale with only ~300 rounds through it if anyone's interested...

Personally, I ruled that out as a must have because a good pistol design combined with a good holster should prevent any accidental firings.

A switched on person using the uncommonly found common sense, familiar with their firearm of choice, with proper training, and that practices often should prevent a negligent discharge. Thinking that your gear will save you from making a boo boo is misguided.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

A switched on person using the uncommonly found common sense, familiar with their firearm of choice, with proper training, and that practices often should prevent a negligent discharge. Thinking that your gear will save you from making a boo boo is misguided.

I agree with the idea, but we were talking about gear, not training. Good gear will compliment good training and needs to be considered. Bad gear will require much more training to overcome or it may not even be possible to overcome. For example, if for some crazy reason I decided to start carrying my Japanese Type 94 and trained with it everyday, my training will not overcome the fact that the POS fires if you bump it. And your statement applies as much to pistols with safetys as without, which is actually kind of what I was implying.

I should have included practice in my previous statement, but I assumed that as a given and something that would not change based on what gun he got.

Sent from my HP Desktop using Google Chrome.

I have a Kahr .380 Auto and I am sorry to say that I am not a fan. Had I known what I know now, I would have likely bought the Sig .380 for summer CC rather than the Kahr, or even better, wait for the SA single stack 45. The Sig has a manual safety if that is really a must have. Personally, I ruled that out as a must have because a good pistol design combined with a good holster should prevent any accidental firings. However, if your wife is going to CC in her purse, the thin profile I was looking for may not be a factor for her.

On a related note, I have a Kahr .380 for sale with only ~300 rounds through it if anyone's interested...

PM sent. Still for sale?

I have a Kahr .380 Auto and I am sorry to say that I am not a fan. Had I known what I know now, I would have likely bought the Sig .380 for summer CC rather than the Kahr, or even better, wait for the SA single stack 45...

I have the Taurus PT738 TCP and it's probably the best .380 I've ever shot, but it too will be history when the XDs finally goes on sale. I also plan to part with my 9mm pistols as I prefer to have my primary and backup weapons in .45 ACP. Nothing against the 9mm or the .380 (which is just a short 9mm), I'm just old school in my beliefs that the larger the caliber, the better the wounding effect. And once the XDs becomes available I won't have a need for so many modern polymer semi-autos...

Cheers! M2

I agree with the idea, but we were talking about gear, not training. Good gear will compliment good training and needs to be considered. Bad gear will require much more training to overcome or it may not even be possible to overcome. For example, if for some crazy reason I decided to start carrying my Japanese Type 94 and trained with it everyday, my training will not overcome the fact that the POS fires if you bump it. And your statement applies as much to pistols with safetys as without, which is actually kind of what I was implying.

I should have included practice in my previous statement, but I assumed that as a given and something that would not change based on what gun he got.

Sent from my HP Desktop using Google Chrome.

Well put and point taken.

Dudes,

Searching through 144 pages is rough...just need some quick well-thought out (ha!) advice. Getting into the AR world, ordered my first RRA Elite Comp last month. After days of exhaustive research, I am still at a loss as to what optics to put on. I did a bunch of research at AR15.com, but I thought I would post here to get some input. Wondering if I should go the EoTech and 3x Mag route or should I go with an ACOG that has a RMR piggybacked or even a RMR or Micro T1 mounted offset? Primary use will be for the apocalypse/home defense, but I am guessing that isn't going to happen anytime soon so I will be shooting a bit at the range. 0-100 will be fun with a RDS/HWS, but I would also like to be able to shoot a bit further using some type of scope. Thoughts? Thanks fellas.