Questions on the BAT (Basic Attribute Test)

Guest GooneyBird

Fella's. You all know that you need one thing and one thing only to prepare for the BAT. Can you say "Etch-a-sketch?"

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AirGuardian

I didn't sign nothing, nuttin... I'll tell you what it's all about and what it looks like....

Aaaah maybe not, it was a Commadore 64 running the show back then. For those who have seen yesteryear, the test was like PONG. I hear they have color now?

[ 23. December 2004, 17:52: Message edited by: AirGuardian ]

• 2 months later...

Would you rather:

1) Drive a bakery truck

2) Drive a fuel truck

Would you rather:

1) Think up Smokey the Bear slogans

2) Parachute in to fight a forest fire

Maybe those questions are better on the newer machines, but did anybody else find that last section retarded?

Guest jriggoMOANG

No, I can totally understand what the purpose of the last sections is. It is there to get into your head and dig out characteristic traits. You know do you shy away from more hazardous adventures and or are you willing to, what was I saying?

Yeah, kinda retarded, but a great cool down from all the other tests, my wrists got cramped up with all the stress that I put on myself.

Originally posted by AirGuardian:

I didn't sign nothing, nuttin... I'll tell you what it's all about and what it looks like....

Aaaah maybe not, it was a Commadore 64 running the show back then. For those who have seen yesteryear, the test was like PONG. I hear they have color now?

The test itself was pretty much monochrome. I think the computer was a 386. I wouldn't knock the C64, I loved my old one back in the day.

Guest Absolutlyfly

When I took the BAT I felt like a monkey taking a calculus test. But all was well I got a PCSM of 92. Just relax and try not to think how the test directly affects your future.

Hey guys... I took it about 2 mths ago and it was colored alright. Atari colors... My 2 cents to doing well is to prepare as best as you can by doing what you think will help you. This is so you feel as confident as you can when you go in. Then go try to have fun with it. By the 2nd section I was making gun sounds and shit and by the 3rd section I was talking to the lady while hitting buttons. She said that she has never watched anyone take it because everyone is so uptight... so I told her to come on in. You'll loosen up after a while. You realize at some point that you are doing about as good as anyone can possibly do on the thing... so you just blow it off. Worked for me!...Good Luck Dude!

OH Yeah... As stated above... Take your time in between and read the directions. There is no time constraint on that so take a breather and get ready for the next section.

Guest jriggoMOANG

Willio,

I too was having a great time taking the BAT, gun sounds and all(I did not have an audience though). Just relax and not only read the instructions, but make sure that you understand them as well. Good luck to all who are planning on taking it.

Jason

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Apollo

The GPA isn't figured as part of the BATS, btw. I know you put it on the form, but it isn't in the equation.

• 5 months later...
Guest Ghostrider

Hey everyone, how are you doing? I was wondering if you could help me out. I'm having some trouble taking the BAT Test. The problem is, I haven't even taken it, and my cadre don't know where I can take it. They closest base to me is Holloman AFB. My cadre have been trying to find out but they haven't had any luck. They've called the base and no one knows anything about it. I was wondering if you knew which group on base is responsible for the BAT. Would I need to talk to the education office, flight medicine, or some other group? I'd really appreciate it if anyone could help as time is starting to wind down. Thank you very much!

Considering it is the cadre's job to schedule pilot selection testing (and also know where the hell it is), that doesn't speak to well of them.

The test is almost guaranteed to be contracted out. I'd call everyone until I got a good answer.

HD

[ 21. September 2005, 03:27: Message edited by: HerkDriver24 ]

Guest El Campion

Agree with everyone above. SOme detachments do nnot have the test, so they have to go through the nearest AFB. A good place to start would be Promotions/AF testing at Holloman. PM me and I can get you a number for them.