Name that cockpit

Login Name

Originally posted by Navtastic:

Dad was a panel tech on a C-140 crew back in the day. I still can't convince most of my n00b friends that I'm not really talking about a C-141.

Just for you Sister:

vc140.jpg

[ 29. January 2006, 00:36: Message edited by: LJDRVR ]

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest skipplet
Originally posted by Navtastic:

Holy shit. I've finally run across someone who acknowledges this plane's existence.

Guest Navtastic

LJDRVR,

I'm not properly equipped to respond to the affectionate term "Brother". Thanks for the pic. Dad will appreciate it.

Navtastic

Keeper of Girly Parts

I was afraid of that when I typed it. Took a chance and played the odds, sorry about that. I took the liberty of editing the previous post to reflect physiological reality.

I hope your Dad enjoys the pics.

[ 29. January 2006, 00:41: Message edited by: LJDRVR ]

Guest rotorhead

Here's another for ya...this is the entire panel.

Hint: The US Military owned approx 800 of them, and some of us on this board flew them (but we didn't have the turn coordinator slip/skid ball indicator...we had a piece of yarn tied to the front of the windshield).

67270ab68d6ba0a9c6a9693e1957cc33.jpg

Guest rotorhead

Damn, that didn't take very long...nice job LJDRVR! CONGRATs on having flown one...yes, a joy...we old UPT-H farts got 50 hours or so in them, then went to UH-1H...great times, and IIRC, the 75 KIAS Vne was due to the plastic bubble starts to implode faster than that!

I had read about helicopters when I was a kid and learning to fly fixed wing. I "knew" what all the controls did, and was pretty sure because of that I would be able to somehow fly reasonably well.

So...there we are, careening and fish-tailing through the sky, barely under control, and I'm thinking:

"Huh, maybe this IS as hard as they say it is."

One thing that I remember helping a lot was the Instructor telling me to look at the arc of the blades rotating and put that slightly above the horizon. That seemed to work.

Someday when I've cash to burn.

[ 29. January 2006, 01:23: Message edited by: LJDRVR ]

Guest Xtndr50boom

With the sidestick and UFC I want to say F-16, but the canopy sure as shit doesn't click.

Israeli Lavi?