Guard Fighter UPT ?

Guest delta

Hey guys I've got a question for you about where a guard fighter guy should go for UPT. I know it probably doesn't matter too much in the long run, but here's my question. Currently I have dates for ENJJPT in June, but today I was told that if I want to go sooner they'll look for dates at other bases before June. Any reason why I should hold out and go to ENJJPT or should I take anything between now and June at Vance, Laughlin or Columbus? Thanks guys.......

Delta,

Having taught several Guard dudes during my FAIP days, I can't see any reason why ENJJPT would be more beneficial to you over any other base. You already know you are getting a fighter, so why not get in the fight as soon as possible.

Just my $.02.

Hoser

ENJJPT:

-Get to fly with other studs/IP's from NATO countries

-Be one of the last to fly the mighty tweet

-IFF in house

-No negative treatment by other studs which can happen at some UPT bases because they think you are "stealing" one of their T-38 slots...which is not the case

SUPT:

-Most likely fly the T-6 with its nice air conditioning, electronically adjusting seats, GPS, etc.

-Will fly the T-38C (upgraded avionics, HUD, etc)

-More advanced training aides (simulators, etc)

Originally posted by ENJJPTorBust:

-No negative treatment by other studs which can happen at some UPT bases because they think you are "stealing" one of their T-38 slots...which is not the case

I don't see how anyone can even think this anymore. It's beaten like a dead horse every three weeks before every class has a track select. I know class size is a factor, but unless you have 8 guard fighter guys in your class, which you never will, it ain't gonna matter. Besides, who gives a shit what Joe Herbivoregonnabe thinks, you won't see him once you start -38's anyway, unless you weren't FAR-ed.

[ 21. November 2005, 19:32: Message edited by: Scooter14 ]

Originally posted by viperpunk:

If I'm not mistaken you still have to be in the top 50% of your class to track 38s at SUPT. Otherwise they'll send you to T-1s and in search of another guard unit.

If that's the case, then all those bound for 38's should buy all the heavy hopefuls a lot of beer every night as well as claiming all the fat ones. Hmmm, I might be on to something...

Guest SnakeT38

With things going the way they are right now,

I would get my foot in any door that opened first.

All the Sheppard stuff is BS.......other than

staying for IFF.

Piss on the T-37, biggest piece of junk ever built, I got 70.1 hours in it and would rather drive than fly it again.

As for gaming the system at ENJJPT, if you can't finish in the top 50% of your class at ANY base,

please do the IFF guys a huge favor and go fly

a T-1.

No offense, but I think you're smoking crack...it's made very clear from the start that the guard/reserve and internationals don't take away from our '38 slots.

Originally posted by SnakeT38:

With things going the way they are right now,

I would get my foot in any door that opened first.

As for gaming the system at ENJJPT, if you can't finish in the top 50% of your class at ANY base,

please do the IFF guys a huge favor and go fly

a T-1.

Concur 100%. While the liklihood of losing your slot at this point is small, with BRAC and Palace Chase in full swing I would rather be IN UPT than WAITING on UPT.

Zrooster,

Your signature reminds me of a class patch that came thru while I was at CBM.

121d83930.jpg

Hoser

[ 22. November 2005, 16:59: Message edited by: Hoser ]

ENJJPT....you'll be trained to be a fighter pilot from day one and you get one extra block/check ride in phase two....the fun low-level phase. I don't think you do any low-level in phase two at the other bases.

Originally posted by EvilEagle:

Hoser, when were you there? I was there when the Sofa Kings were around -- I was 01-15.

1236798c0.jpg

Nice patch. Even has my name on it.

I was at CBM from Oct-Dec 97 for casual, from Dec 97 to Dec 98 for UPT, and then Jan 99 to Apr 02 as a T-38 FAIP.

Hoser

Originally posted by quikag:

ENJJPT....you'll be trained to be a fighter pilot from day one and you get one extra block/check ride in phase two....the fun low-level phase. I don't think you do any low-level in phase two at the other bases.

Yes you do low level's in Phase II (at least they did when I went thru), you just didn't have a low level checkride in tweets.

Hoser

Guest Ryan Paul

Delta,

I'm in the same boat, and I posted a similar thread recently: http://www.dynamictruth.com/ubb/ultimatebb...1/t/003630.html

Is competitiveness a factor for considering ENJJPT? Some have mentioned that ENJJPT students tend to be a pretty sharp group since it takes above-average qualifications to be selected to fly there.

I heard a Guard fighter selectee say that he felt he had a better chance of graduating higher in his class if he went to a UPT base instead of Sheppard. Is that really a reasonable assessment?

Guest T38driver

Just as someonse else mentioned, Columbus has over 30 international students from 26 different countries at any point in time. Students from Italy, Japan and Portugal go through the entire program and use the same syllabus as the American Students. There are also a few instructors from other countries as well.