T-6 Cockpit Trainer

Torch169

• 2 years later...

Some of the IPs I work with in my casual job recommend kmowing Boldface/Ops Limits 100% and then looking over sections 2 & 3 of the -1 like you guys are saying. One is also saying if I practice some checkology and startup flow (chairflying with a good paper cockpit) then the IP will love not sitting in the cockpit for an hour with no A/C in the middle of Laughlin summers. All sounds like sound advice, but I probably won't focus on the T-6 too much until after IFS, that's my top priority for now.

So where can I get a current copy of the T-6 Dash1 and local procedures? The t6driver.com link to e-pubs doesn't work anymore and I tried searching for it. Will the bookstore give me a copy prior to Phase 1?

Also, anyone know of some good gouge/local stuff for IFS (besides Boldface/OpsLims)?

Thanks.

So where can I get a current copy of the T-6 Dash1 and local procedures?

You probably won't be able to get a Dash1 unless you know somebody who has one sitting around. It's more or less a controlled item and the bookstore won't give it to you until you start phase I. Same thing goes for the IFG. You can Google air force e-pubs and find the 11-248, 11-2T-6, and other T-6 related pubs but a lot of it won't make sense until you start flying. Bottom line is don't stress too much about the gouge and trying to get a leg up ahead of time. Learn your IFS boldface and ops limits and get that out of the way.

Once you're done with IFS if you really want to be fast with the checklist, go into the bookstore, grab a condensed checklist off the counter, pull up a T-6 cockpit picture on your computer and run through it. You should have access to UTDs once you start phase 1 so you can hop in and throw all the switches until you get bored. You'll think you can start the plane in 30 seconds and I promise it will still take you 10 minutes on your dollar ride. Just take it easy and be ready to study your ass off at IFS and UPT.

Some of the IPs I work with in my casual job recommend kmowing Boldface/Ops Limits 100% and then looking over sections 2 & 3 of the -1 like you guys are saying. One is also saying if I practice some checkology and startup flow (chairflying with a good paper cockpit) then the IP will love not sitting in the cockpit for an hour with no A/C in the middle of Laughlin summers. All sounds like sound advice, but I probably won't focus on the T-6 too much until after IFS, that's my top priority for now.

So where can I get a current copy of the T-6 Dash1 and local procedures? The t6driver.com link to e-pubs doesn't work anymore and I tried searching for it. Will the bookstore give me a copy prior to Phase 1?

Also, anyone know of some good gouge/local stuff for IFS (besides Boldface/OpsLims)?

Thanks.

Find a friend. Dash-1 is only given out as paper-copy during UPT start and signed for. IFS stuff is digital, but not publicly available. So find a friend and they should help with some stuff.

You should have access to UTDs once you start phase 1 so you can hop in and throw all the switches until you get bored. You'll think you can start the plane in 30 seconds and I promise it will still take you 10 minutes on your dollar ride. Just take it easy and be ready to study your ass off at IFS and UPT.

Where do you go or how do you get access to the UTD(T-6) other than when you are scheduled for it?

Thanks

Where do you go or how do you get access to the UTD(T-6) other than when you are scheduled for it?

Thanks

When you get to your flight, after your first sim where they introduce you to the UTD, you'll be able to call over and see if there are any open during a time when you aren't flying/simming.