Step one in the return of the Four horsemen?

ClearedHot

I wonder what the public would think about a C-130 formation demo team. I don't know that they'd appreciate it all that much. Big planes, no matter how close together, at 200-250 KIAS just isn't as cool to the average person as small planes making lots of noise at 300-500 KIAS. You'd have to explain to them why it's so neat.

Guest AviatorFT07

Rocker,

I remember seeing a USAF C-130 demo at an airshow a few years ago. It really did look impressive; a lot of tight turns and other sorts of maneuvers that the general public would never think of a C-130 doing.

I thought it was pretty cool, but I don't know what a non-flyer would think.

Guest dumaisj
Originally posted by Rocker:

I wonder what the public would think about a C-130 formation demo team. I don't know that they'd appreciate it all that much. Big planes, no matter how close together, at 200-250 KIAS just isn't as cool to the average person as small planes making lots of noise at 300-500 KIAS. You'd have to explain to them why it's so neat.

If you read the linked article regarding the Four Horsemen, you'd find that more often that not the crowd responded much better to them than even the T-Birds. I was impressed by that. I'm sure it was an awesome sight. The article also mentions old film of them in action...think anyone might be able to dig that up? M2, I've thrown down the gauntlet!

[ 14. October 2005, 12:11: Message edited by: dumaisj ]

Here at the school house there's a little room where you can watch all kinds of videos, one of which is a five minute deal on the Four Horsemen. It's definitely very cool and impressive stuff, but I'm just thinking about public interest. Don't get me wrong though, I wouldn't be going to get another hamburger when they go on!

Guest lovelacm

Clinton Presidential Library? You mean the Double-Wide by the River?

Don't believe me? Look at it next time you take the bridge from LR to NLR (or back)... looks just like a double-wide trailer.

Y'all have a great weekend.

Cheers!

Linda

HD, that was great! Looks like Bill has herpes (see upper lip in top photo).

Unrelated note, I see Bender has decided to drop in. We missed your smart ass.

Originally posted by JS:

another is the t-birds buzzing the new Clinton Presidential Library

They should have had a photo with just three of the T-birds, to represent a cross section of the Clinton rape of the military during his historic presidency.