Collision Course

Guest gotmyslot

RVSM - Reduced Vertical Separation Minimums... they only need to be 1000' apart and thats a 777 and an A300... big difference in size. I bet they ARE 1000' apart, but you cant tell it from the ground.

Wait till you pass a 747 head-on on the same airway with over 800 knots closure only 1000' above you over Turkey... they look a lot closer!

Chuck

You'd have thought these news agencies would consult their photogs about the optical illusions caused by telephoto lenses/increased focal length. Oh, wait a minute, if they did that they'd have no sensationalist stories to print/broadcast. Tst.

[ 30. January 2006, 12:07: Message edited by: Steve Davies ]

I'm with Chuck and Steve on this one. It's impossible to tell how close two aircraft are from each other without some frame of reference. That's why everyone gets so excited when the T-chickens, the Blues and the Snow Birds (we had them in Quonset last summer, they rock) do opposing passes. It looks cool, but just about everyone knows they're a good distance away from each other.

GW

SnowbirdOverlappingKnifeEdgePass.jpg

edit: kant spel

[ 30. January 2006, 12:39: Message edited by: GW ]

Originally posted by MajorMadMax:

By the way, do you really think these two guys were as close as they appeared??

652327.jpg

Cheers! M2

So how wide does the runway need to be for that formation landing?

Hoser

Originally posted by Xtndr50boom:

Hoser, are you being for real?

The Sec of Sarcasm strikes again. I am definetly for real. My formation landing remark, was not.

Hoser

• 2 weeks later...