Awaiting Pilot Training (APT) Flights

Guest nubbyzr600

ok so all of the assholeness aside.

Aerobatic, not acrobatic...I'll give you that one... My apologies.

But...I wasn't referring to T-6 rides, I was talking about F-15 flights that are discussed earlier in this thread... and they DO have a HUD and are rated for high G's.

Originally posted by brabus:

Well that depends on which base you go to. A training base such as Luke, it's a slam dunk. Go to any AD base/guard base and what Dunce said will 99% happen. So unless you're willing to make a trip to Luke, then you're SOL.

How about permissive TDY (or just plain leave) and running over to Luke while 'APT' at a base without any such opportunities? Any extra hoops?

Guest Hydro130
Originally posted by usaf36031:

... I was talking about F-15 flights that are discussed earlier in this thread... and they DO have a HUD ....

Well, there are some pretty impressive puke stories out there, but if you were to spew up yer cookies all over that HUD, that would have to win some kind of award...

Cheers, Hydro

[ 30. January 2007, 20:33: Message edited by: Hydro130 ]

Originally posted by C21Cowboy:

I'm thinking that back seats in the Eagle DO NOT have a HUD. I could be wrong.

They sure don't. So if you puke from the back and get it all over the HUD...that's gonna be one pissed off pilot!

How about permissive TDY (or just plain leave) and running over to Luke while 'APT' at a base without any such opportunities? Any extra hoops?
I don't know for sure, I've only done it as a cadet. I would think it'd be asspain w/ permissive TDY, having to take leave, blah blah blah. I'm not sure you want to bother you CC w/ that kind of trivial stuff. Just wait till UPT to fly. Yes it'd be fun, but unless you are lucky enough to be in an ops sq that can give you rides, just forget it.

Personally while I was on casual, I would not have gone to the sq/cc and asked if it'd be cool to miss some work to go on a trip to Luke for rides. Just technique though.

I would imagine that a lot of these LT's are unaccustomed to high G or acrobatic flight
There's a decent amount of people who don't spew. Some people just react better to that kind of an environment than others.

[ 31. January 2007, 17:11: Message edited by: brabus ]