Careers Outside of the Military?

ChiccinTendies

17 hours ago, ChiccinTendies said:

I actually went to boot camp

Most of us on this site did some sort of "boot camp" along with "military pilot training" and actual "combat deployments".   You're talking with big boys and girls now.  

If you choose the military, make sure to tell your flight commander on day one of UPT that you went to boot camp.  He/she's gonna respect you more than anyone else in your class. Lol

Edited by Biff_T
Spelling bee failure
  • Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, nsplayr said:

8 months later…”Yea, well I had sex with your wife!”

This lol....

51 minutes ago, Biff_T said:

Most of us on this site did some sort of "boot camp" along with "military pilot training" and actual "combat deployments".   You're talking with big boys and girls now.  

If you choose the military, make sure to tell your flight commander on day one of UPT that you went to boot camp.  He/she's gonna respect you more than anyone else in your class. Lol

My point was not that I deserve some sort of sticker, but that it doesn't line up with calling me a phony. People who didn't want to try their 100% hardest to fight their case against the jab didn't ship out. People looked at me like I was crazy for even trying as hard as I did.

• Haha 1

On 10/3/2022 at 12:52 AM, Majestik Møøse said:

They’re also going to make you get a shit ton of other vaccines. Also you may be ordered to fly until your death if it comes down to it. Or, if we’re all out of planes, you may be ordered to pick up a rifle and fight until you die defending your base. Or, even worse, you may be the one issuing those orders. Or maybe the orders are to kill a million civilians - including women, children, and other Christians - using nuclear weapons, which will likely cause a retaliatory attack that kills your family and friends. All for a war started by an old man that half the country doesn’t agree with politically.

I guess you’re cool with all those things. But getting the COVID vaccine, now that’s a bridge too far for a Christian.

So if you’re quitting because you don’t want to get a shot for political reasons (religious reasons? nah), then I say adios and thanks for making the decision early. Wouldn’t want to find out about it after you’ve wasted years of everyone’s effort and money getting you CMR.

Good luck in civilian life, I’m sure you’ll find an airplane job if you work hard enough. Please pay your taxes.

I will say that my religion is the lens through which I view the world. Everyone operates under a presuppositional paradigm, whether it's scientism, ultranationality, hedonism, nihilism, etc. There is no such thing as a neutral starting point. For me, it absolutely is a religious reason. The idea that evil people do evil things in an organized manner that isn't necessarily pragmatic makes zero sense outside of a religious paradigm. My philosophical disagreement with mandated experimental gene therapy, no matter how supposedly justified it is, is rooted in the anti-secularist and anti-transhumanist theology of my Church.

21 hours ago, ChiccinTendies said:

My point was not that I deserve some sort of sticker, but that it doesn't line up with calling me a phony. People who didn't want to try their 100% hardest to fight their case against the jab didn't ship out. People looked at me like I was crazy for even trying as hard as I did.

I know that you've been there and done that /s.   The military will not ask you to fly a mission with shitty weather, bad guys lobbing exploding telephone poles and fire rocks (tracer rounds lol) at you, in a foreign land 1,000s of miles away from your family.  They will order you to.  Just like the jab.  I hate the Covid vaccine as much as the next guy but dudes in the military don't have the option to punch out just because they're scared.  When you fly mission where lives are at stake, shit gets real.  We weren't playing video games and listening to Drake (hes a Canadian how gangsta can that dude be? lol) getting pumped up on how tough we are by using our imaginations, we did real shit.   Shit that keeps me awake at night.  

Edit: I bid you good day Sir!  (Imagine me saying this with a West London accent).  That's a polite way of saying GFYS.  

Edit 2: There were 18 yo dudes on the ground,  carrying guns, looking into the eyes of the targets they had to take out.  I'm sure they'd applaud your efforts to help them get home by quitting.  Some of them never saw home again and died in that shithole (take your pick which one). That was the last place they saw.  No family, no Drake, no internet tough guys.  They gave it all.  You gave nothing. 

Edited by Biff_T
Afterthought
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2

On 7/1/2023 at 12:32 PM, ChiccinTendies said:

I will say that my religion is the lens through which I view the world. Everyone operates under a presuppositional paradigm, whether it's scientism, ultranationality, hedonism, nihilism, etc. There is no such thing as a neutral starting point. For me, it absolutely is a religious reason. The idea that evil people do evil things in an organized manner that isn't necessarily pragmatic makes zero sense outside of a religious paradigm. My philosophical disagreement with mandated experimental gene therapy, no matter how supposedly justified it is, is rooted in the anti-secularist and anti-transhumanist theology of my Church.

Many good people sacrificed their lives for you to enjoy the freedom of your incoherent and confused narrative.  These included many young conservative Christian men, whom you do not have the privilege to bin into your narrow perspective.  Those young conservative Christian men had, and still have, a valued place in military aviation.  These Christians lock arms with believers and nonbelievers alike to defend the rights of people who believe like them, along with academic bloviates who shout arrogance only rivaled by their ignorance from the sidelines. 

I’ll leave you with this quote from Jim Downey...  What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/3/2023 at 8:57 PM, brabus said:

Back on track regarding careers outside the military. Happy to report @Biff_T is doing well transitioning to his post-mil career…

A04D61C2-B9AE-417A-9AAC-AA8AE06F25F2.jpeg.bcdf071a45336d18be8f0736b751a16b.jpeg

Add a ponytail and that's pretty much me! Lol

Edit:  

I also found a job singing backup for Billy Ocean.   Not to name drop or anything, but if you watch the video, you can see me singing alongside Michael Douglas. Make sure you turn the speakers all the way up!

Edited by Biff_T
Edit: Enough teasin, now some pleasin!!!