2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

2 hours ago, Renn02 said:

Can I ask why it makes you nervous? Tryna figure out if I need to mentally prepare to go..I have 3 Feb dates. 

B/c they will run a million tests on you on things that are mostly out of your control. An example being the eyeball scan...I saw a dude get DQ'd for RPA MFS back in 2016 literally before my eyes for some condition he had in his retina that he had no clue about. IMO there is nothing you can prepare for at MFS other than maybe practicing 3D hidden images to be better at taking the depth perception test but even that is a stretch. But assuming you have a FC1, MFS should not be anything too concerning. Now that I have a slot I simply just don't want to lose it for anything lol!

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, BANDIT_K said:

B/c they will run a million tests on you on things that are mostly out of your control. An example being the eyeball scan...I saw a dude get DQ'd for RPA MFS back in 2016 literally before my eyes for some condition he had in his retina that he had no clue about. IMO there is nothing you can prepare for at MFS other than maybe practicing 3D hidden images to be better at taking the depth perception test but even that is a stretch. But assuming you have a FC1, MFS should not be anything too concerning. Now that I have a slot I simply just don't want to lose it for anything lol!

Knew two people with pilot slots lose them at MFS. One due to bad eye sight the other due to a condition he had no idea he had. 20/15 vision too. Both went RPA instead.

MFS is always going to make me nervous but I still don't have any dates for it.

13 hours ago, UCThopeful said:

I wouldn't be shocked if they still send you to WP knowing Big Blue. Reason being, they want to ensure that folks are fully medically qualified before PCsing them. 

You aren’t wrong! I have a 17 Mar MFS date. 1 day TDY from Korea. Definitely gonna have to do some LICWO.. 😂

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, FlyGuy said:

You aren’t wrong! I have a 17 Mar MFS date. 1 day TDY from Korea. Definitely gonna have to do some LICWO.. 😂

OOF! I think once we get the actual RIPs emailed we should be able to contact them and negotiate these things right? Holding out hope that's the case lol

• Like 1

Did everyone have a FCI physical exam with a HQ AETC/SG certification stamp that states "pending successful completion of MFS"? Mine doesn't say that so I wonder if I have to go. I thought I did since I didn't do my FCI at Wright Patt but since my 2808 doesn't say that, I'm not sure. I also don't have anything in m CDB. 

On 1/24/2022 at 4:58 PM, Bean said:

Email the org box about your situation. They said they have flexibility to move dates around with dates up until 31 March. 

I am also TDY and let them know that I would actually be OCONUS until 13 March.  Get a RIP today for 10 March....so anything can still happen.  Cutting my OCONUS TDY short unfortunately. 

11 minutes ago, OldmanUFT21 said:

Is the MFS same for everyone?? I am RPA and know the standards are less stringent but it has me worried as well.

Side note my flight med team at Luke doesn’t see any issues and my waivers have already sent through WP so maybe it’s all in my head??

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

It's all the same exams. You do everything that was posted in the link. Takes a full day but it's not terrible. I think I was mostly just hungry since I didn't bring lunch and didn't have breakfast last time I went. 

3 minutes ago, pixel8td said:

Well, I had MFS on 10 Feb, but found out this morning it has been canxd. Waiting to hear the reasoning for the canx. I already had DTS approved, LOA for it and everything…

Was your LOA from your squadron or is there one from Wright Patt that you use? Also kind of weird that they canxd it. 

I've got MFS scheduled for 10 Feb and haven't heard anything except my unit asking me to sign a training RIP. Tried calling and emailing the MFS number from their website, but haven't gotten through. How did you guys find the LOA/details about the TDY?