2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

57 minutes ago, Arkbird said:

How did you find out your start date? I haven't seen anything.

Had to email DP2OR because my MFS was rescheduled, and they responded with a screenshot of the system showing all my dates. I wasn’t sure if anyone else had heard when they start or not

Edited by Grizzlyyyy

37 minutes ago, Grizzlyyyy said:

Had to email DP2OR because my MFS was rescheduled, and they responded with a screenshot of the system showing all my dates. I wasn’t sure if anyone else had heard when they start or not

Nice! I still haven't heard anything other than I'm going to Columbus. Can't even get to my CDB or AFPC Secure right now for some reason.

Just now, Arkbird said:

Nice! I still haven't heard anything other than I'm going to Columbus. Can't even get to my CDB or AFPC Secure right now for some reason.

For what it’s worth my PDD is 1 Sept for 1 Nov class, so maybe everyone can calculate it that way unless it’s just a coincidence it’s exactly 60 days out like what was mentioned earlier 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grizzlyyyy said:

For what it’s worth my PDD is 1 Sept for 1 Nov class, so maybe everyone can calculate it that way unless it’s just a coincidence it’s exactly 60 days out like what was mentioned earlier 

Guess I'll hope for a PDD and class date next week. I think vmpf is currently down so I'll check again later.

1 hour ago, Bean said:

Does anybody know how we get flight suits and if they are being issued?

Bean, I was having issues with that last week, but I received wise advice to reach up to your Sq/Gp exec staff to request assistance. If the uniforms are something your unit agrees to provide, they can point you to the right person or resource. Through a few phone calls and favors, mine was able to point me to a flying squadron that had an extra supply which is another avenue you could try.

Brings me to a uniform question: does anyone know what color each UPT base name patch is supposed to be? I was told from previous IFT classes that your assigned UPT base typically has an associated color for the name patch, which makes it easy to see who will be going to which UPT base at a glance during IFT; since I haven't gotten any indication of my UPT base, I'm tempted to make 3 different ones... 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bean said:

Does anybody know how we get flight suits and if they are being issued?

If you are going to IFT, you can tell your resource admin (the person with the GPC) you need to buy one. That’s how me and another guy got them. I am not going to IFT, but the other guys is. He hooked me up. 👍

Edited by Yodes
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arkbird said:

Got my assignment notification this morning. Heading to Columbus in September!

Still waiting for location and dates. All I've gotten so far is my MFS date. Knowing my luck they're going in alphabetical order

26 minutes ago, ZE14 said:

Still waiting for location and dates. All I've gotten so far is my MFS date. Knowing my luck they're going in alphabetical order

Yea same, I'm at the end of the alphabet too. 

But I just now did the EFMP trick (lol sneaky... also how did I never know about this) and found I'm going to Columbus, for now at least. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, ZE14 said:

I'm toward the end of the line as well. I guess since I don't need MFS or IFT they could just give me an assignment and hopefully a class date soon. 

2 minutes ago, Peaches said:

Yea same, I'm at the end of the alphabet too. 

But I just now did the EFMP trick (lol sneaky... also how did I never know about this) and found I'm going to Columbus, for now at least. 

Nice! If that's what's showing for the EFMP trick then that's what's loaded for your assignment. Mine was showing that for a week before I got the email with my official assignment notification of Columbus. I guess I'll be seeing you out there! 

2 hours ago, ZE14 said:

I'm still waiting too... High in the alphabet, no IFS, and on the older end of the spectrum. At this point, I feel like AFPC is just throwing darts haha. 

Also, I don't see "apply to change/cancel assignment" as even an option in vMPF anymore but I swear I did last week. I guess I will just have to wait... 

I'm still waiting too... High in the alphabet, no IFS, and on the older end of the spectrum. At this point, I feel like AFPC is just throwing darts haha. 
Also, I don't see "apply to change/cancel assignment" as even an option in vMPF anymore but I swear I did last week. I guess I will just have to wait... 

I have a lot of my dates so far, RPA here S in alphabet but old lol so maybe age as well? Or just the darts haha!

On another note just got an email this morning that I have to go to MFS a day early because I had COVID possible once for extra testing. I swear if Covid has an impact on my career I’m going to be upset haha.

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

3 hours ago, BackseatBallast said:

If you did the trick when you saw it you’ll have to go back and cancel the application because it saves it. Just follow the same steps and it should say something like remove or cancel or edit the application. After you do that you can redo the trick. 

1 hour ago, Renn02 said:

If you did the trick when you saw it you’ll have to go back and cancel the application because it saves it. Just follow the same steps and it should say something like remove or cancel or edit the application. After you do that you can redo the trick. 

Ahh that's what I was missing, thanks!! (Still nothing for me yet though.)

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 8:32 PM, Sunny said:

Bean, I was having issues with that last week, but I received wise advice to reach up to your Sq/Gp exec staff to request assistance. If the uniforms are something your unit agrees to provide, they can point you to the right person or resource. Through a few phone calls and favors, mine was able to point me to a flying squadron that had an extra supply which is another avenue you could try.

Brings me to a uniform question: does anyone know what color each UPT base name patch is supposed to be? I was told from previous IFT classes that your assigned UPT base typically has an associated color for the name patch, which makes it easy to see who will be going to which UPT base at a glance during IFT; since I haven't gotten any indication of my UPT base, I'm tempted to make 3 different ones... 

Don't order any name tags, whatever base you go to will provide you with all applicable patches to include name tags. They'll reach out to you or when you get there you'll fill out a form with what name you want on it and any badges/wings you have. 

Only thing you could order if you want is some pen(pencil) tabs. I get mine from reaperpatches.com

Flying squadrons are required to provide new members with all the normal patches. Usually the only stuff you pay for are pen tabs, Friday patches/name tags, or extra patches if you need them.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2022 at 9:32 PM, Sunny said:

Honestly, a simple name patch should work. Your base will order you one with the correct color combo when you arrive. As long as the one you get for IFT is in regs, you're good with whatever color you want.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Arkbird said:

Honestly, a simple name patch should work. Your base will order you one with the correct color combo when you arrive. As long as the one you get for IFT is in regs, you're good with whatever color you want.

Fair point, forgot you'll pcs to upt after IFT, it was reverse when I went through so I got my name tags before going to IFT.

On 2/10/2022 at 9:12 PM, Yodes said:

If you are going to IFT, you can tell your resource admin (the person with the GPC) you need to buy one. That’s how me and another guy got them. I am not going to IFT, but the other guys is. He hooked me up. 👍

Thank you for the insight! Any specific source you recommend? I'm assuming I just get measured at a local tailor shop and send in the measurements when it is purchased

Thank you for the insight! Any specific source you recommend? I'm assuming I just get measured at a local tailor shop and send in the measurements when it is purchased

I’m superstitious so I won’t be getting mine until after this week and the MFS. I am hoping and praying this week goes smooth and I can focus on the rest of my dates and everything!

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app