2022 Active Duty Flying Training Board

Capt XXXXX—

The folks at USAFSAM indicated that you were good to go and would not need to attend MFS.  If you attended MFS prior to URT at either USAFA or WPAFB, you do not need to attend again.  Our schedulers are working on IFT and UPT dates this week and next week so you should see those training RIPs come down soon.

v/r,

AFPC/DP2OR Workflow

Looks like I won't need to go to MFS.

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Mridinger said:

I also got an IFT training RIP. I have a PPL but still want to attend so this was a pleasant surprise but I’m not sure this was meant for me?

I am working with 19AF now to see where the disconnect is.  For some reason they exempted some of the folks with a PPL from attending IFT, but left 26 folks with a PPL in IFT.  I’ll get back with you when I hear back from them, but you should end up being exempt (unless it has been over 5 years since you last flew).

Just got that answer from the org box.

@Arkbird Lucky you! I just called to see if the same would apply to me but they told me they have made new baseline requirements for MFS in 2018 and since I attended in 2016 I have to go. The upside is this TDY potentially gets me out of switching to and flying on mids cycle. Depending on when my orders to UPT are and pending no random medical disasters at MFS...I could potentially never fly another Reaper mid shift again : )

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Renn02 said:

I am working with 19AF now to see where the disconnect is.  For some reason they exempted some of the folks with a PPL from attending IFT, but left 26 folks with a PPL in IFT.  I’ll get back with you when I hear back from them, but you should end up being exempt (unless it has been over 5 years since you last flew).

Just got that answer from the org box.

Heard the same thing.  I'm holding off on signing my training RIP til we hear back.

Also found out I'll be heading to Columbus for the September UPT class :rock:

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, CoolCar said:

Heard the same thing.  I'm holding off on signing my training RIP til we hear back.

Also found out I'll be heading to Columbus for the September UPT class :rock:

Did you have to reach out to someone for the base/date or did you receive a notification? 

1 hour ago, UFT2022applicant said:

Got notified over the last couple days by both FSS and my leadership.  IFT scheduled for 5 Apr.  Sheppard report date of 1 Aug.  Wheels are turning pretty quick.  May all of us have an uneventful MFS!

ENJPT, solid! 

1 hour ago, Grizzlyyyy said:

Anyone know why IFT is scheduled for a month and a half? Got my RIP for 1 Mar when AFPC was saying late spring/summer. Either I’ll PCS earlier than they said (Fall) or it’ll be an awkwardly long amount of time between IFT and UPT

I've heard rumors they've lengthened IFT for UPT selects. Not sure if it's true or not. 

9 minutes ago, DBlue said:

What’s this EFMP trick you speak of? 

- Click on Assignments (while in self-service) and go down to the EFMP section
- In the new tab, click on the "apply to change/cancel assignment
- If this doesn't kick back with "MILPDS doesn't reflect an assignment loaded, click on next and choose any of the options then next again. This next screen will tell you what unit and base you will be going to.

• Like 1

I wonder how they are deciding on the order of putting people in slots.  I have a May DEROS and assignment still in the system, which I though would have been turned off soon after announcement.  One reason because then my functional can find a replacement sooner than later.

Just to note. You don't have to have family who is EFMP to do the trick. You don't even need to have dependents. If you have an assignment loaded, the EFMP trick seems to work. If you don't have an assignment yet, then following the steps won't produce any results. 

For those still playing the waiting game for UPT assignments, AFPC told me they are finishing filling classes this week to early next week. Additionally they said most start dates they've seen so far are in the Oct-Dec 22 timeline and can expect to PCS 45-60 days prior to CSD so get to enjoy a little casual time.

• Like 4

On 2/5/2022 at 1:34 PM, DBlue said:

Was trying to wrap my mind around this corneal topography/mapping assessment & what’s a disqualifying outcome… just gave up 😅 

Honestly feel the same way. I know MFS is probably going to end up being low threat but right now it seems like another gate to get through where something could go wrong, CRS-wise.

• Like 1

Honestly feel the same way. I know MFS is probably going to end up being low threat but right now it seems like another gate to get through where something could go wrong, CRS-wise.

What concerns me the most is the unknown and having no control over it. Hopefully for all its low threat and hopefully with me being RPA it’s less stringent

Sent from my iPhone using Baseops Network mobile app

5 hours ago, tgriff2017 said:

Sending positive vibes your way!