Military Retirement Pay / Pension

Guest C-21 Pilot

My only thing with Hackers analysis is that it assumes you go work for Southwest Airlines. What about jobs outside the aviation world? Ive watched my dad as an airline pilot for the last 20+ years and it ain't what it used to be...Why do we pidgeon hole ourselves so much? There are plenty of opportunities and great return on investments if people can just let go of flying. But, if flying is the priority, which i am sure it is for some, then I guess the monetary argument doesn't really matter

Exactly -- some of us aren't on a tail-chase for the biggest dollar. Some of us like flying and want to keep doing it professionally.

• 3 months later...

Figured this was appropriate here...McCain eyes barring retirees from Tricare Prime. Selected quotes:

In the mix is a radical proposal from Sen. John McCain, R-Ariz., that would have potentially far-reaching effects on the health care of retirees and active-duty family members. McCain, ranking Republican on the Senate Armed Services Committee, has proposed barring military retirees from signing up for Tricare Prime, the least expensive Tricare option available to them.

McCain himself says, "As someone who has committed his life to serving our nation and the men and women who protect it, this was not an easy decision. I believe we must all share in the burden to ensure that our nation’s debt does not imperil our economic and security future. Supporting modest Tricare reform to protect the long-term viability of this important program is a step we must strongly consider."

Edited by nsplayr

To me, military healthcare will be one of the last things to get cut, the emotional argument of the vets with their freaking legs and hands blown off. The argument that even above pay, that vets who have put their lives on the line for the good of the country deserve good medical care at low cost is extremely politically and morally powerful.

Not 100% sure what you meant but keep in mind those injured folks receive care free at the VA, not through Tricare.