Big Snowstorm South Dakota

HU&W

I'm surprised this deadly snowstorm from last week hasn't received much media attention. It is a nice break from politics.

Let's see...the country is very polarized right now, the partial-shutdown was big news that continues to feed on people's emotions, and well, not many people care about what happens to less than .5% of the country in an extremely small State. Now if a tea-party guy went and shot 10 people in a school with an AR-15, now that would be big news...but thankfully, nothing like that has happened recently, so instead we get standard 'news'.

Destroyed a bunch of the trees in the house I own up there, and all over the city.

Thousands of cattle and horses are dead after the storm, hundreds of thousands of birds.

It was bad...but judging from the pictures my neighbors were nice enough to send of the house, a good chunk of it has already melted.

The snow was so bad that local authorities in Rapid City were asking people with snowmobiles to go around and see if people needed help since emergency vehicles couldn't move.

And, in classic South Dakota fashion, the temperatures were over 60 degrees the next few days and the 3 feet of snow was nearly gone 72 hours later.