Ramstein Auto Mechanic needed.

MC5Wes

Have your daughter use the "Find It Guide" which can be Googled -- "Kaiserslautern American find It Guide". There are several reputable companies there....

FYSA - auto work in Germany, especially if her car is American or Japan, is VERY expensive.

When I was at ETAR (95-99), the first used BMW 318i I bought the previous owner told me about a great mechanic in Ramstein village named Kurt Koprowski. I had two beater 3-series while I was there (the second was a 320i M-series), and he took excellent care of both of them.

Well, a Google search still listed him at Landstuhler Str. 32, 66877 Ramstein-Miesenbach; right next to the Thai Thai Orchidee. His number is listed as 06371/70724.

If she does look him up, let me know. It would be nice to know the guy is still around. Typical German, smoked like a chimney and drank like a fish; but a great mechanic and honest as well!

Cheers! M2

Tell her to go to the auto hobby shop on base. Never had any issues with them, and they are good with local recommendations if they don't have parts. I brought over a US car and bought a BMW when I was there, had them work on both and was happy with both.

• Upvote 1

Anything she can get parts and service wise either buy through the PX or have shipped to her PO Box.

Just getting an oil change on the economy in Germany will run you a few hundred dollars.

• 6 months later...