Peanut and pine nut allergies. Can I become a fighter pilot?

GodsPrototype

Is it just me or did noone have these allergies 25-30 years ago? I remember literally everone eating PBJs when I was a kid. Then it started with milk and peanuts.

I've always thought the same thing. I'm only 43 and only knew two or three kids growing up who were allergic to stuff like bee stings. Never knew anyone who had peanuts kicking their ass. Seems like every kid today is allergic to peanuts.

Edited by HerkFE

Once I met some poor bastard who was allergic to pen ink.

I'm not sure but I bet I am allergic to pen ink. If I ate enough of it, I would probably throw up.

Edited by HerkFE

Is it just me or did noone have these allergies 25-30 years ago? I remember literally everone eating PBJs when I was a kid. Then it started with milk and peanuts. Once I met some poor bastard who was allergic to pen ink.

25-30 years ago, peanut butter was peanut butter, now its peanut butter and 69 other preservative chemicals.

• 2 months later...

I remember once in high school when a dentist told me there was no way to become a fighter pilot unless you were a personal friend of a congressman. Just like the dentist, your parents don't have a clue about this subject. I'm sure they mean no harm, but this is one time you should not listen to your parents at all. Never just accept "you can't do this," "it won't work," etc. Exhaust all possibilities and effort before giving up and moving onto something else. The medical screening process is NOT friendly to you and they are not looking to help you out. Don't lie to their face, but certainly DO NOT offer up information. Only answer exactly what they ask and nothing more. Do not hypothesis that you have any condition unless it is 100% documented by a medical professional. If you start a sentence with, "well when I was 5 yrs old I...," just stop. Giving every little, minor detail about your health will most likely only hurt you in the long run.

Sorry for the ultra late response, I kind of thought the thread was closed. Thanks anyways. I have decided to go for it. Try my best and give it all I've got. My doctor even told my I have a slight chance my allergies might go away. Who knows. I won't count on it, but I won't give up. Thanks for the tips, I've got them engraved in my in the back of my mind.