(SIE) from OTS, wanting ANG Slot

I most recently SIE out of OTS due to family concerns.

I was selected for an A/D Pilot Slot.

I'm not asking any of you what you think of my SIE.. I had my reasons and it was the proper choice.

NOW... I believe the ANG offers a better lifestyle for myself and my wife.

Would the ANG consider someone with my situation?

Is it even possible to go back to OTS? I thought there was a question in the app package asking if you had ever been eliminated/dropped out of a commissioning program...

There is a question if you've ever applied to a commissioning source before and quit.

Perhaps enlist and then try for a slot?

There is a question if you've ever applied to a commissioning source before and quit.

Perhaps enlist and then try for a slot?

I know a guy who did exactly this. He SIE'd from ROTC summer camp and about a minute after signing the paperwork he realized he screwed up. Soon after he enlisted in the local guard unit and busted his ass (literally) packing chutes for a couple of years but his work ethic impressed enough people that they gave him a shot.

Is it even possible to go back to OTS? I thought there was a question in the app package asking if you had ever been eliminated/dropped out of a commissioning program...

It depends on whether the SIE was termed "with" or "without" predjudice, meaning simply couldn't hack the program and decided to quit or a serious issue beyond your control (bad family issue which you had to return and deal with). Most "without" predjudice cases are allowed to return within a reasonable time (one year?) if they have resolved the problem and are not likely to have to leave again. With predjudice generally kills you forever.

I most recently SIE out of OTS due to family concerns.

What are your family concerns?

No Guards comments, impressed.

You know I respect the best of the Guard. The Air National Guard is full up and is ready to do anything the AD can do. No other country has anything like it.

You also know what I don't respect.

I too would like to know, at least generally speaking, what the family concerns were/are.

The issue I would have - and past experience backs this up - is that if you can't stay focused for 6-9 weeks of OTS, how can you be expected to stay focused for 54 weeks of UPT plus FTU and survival school?

Hopefully whatever issues came up have been dealt with and put to bed for good. IMHO you will need to convince any ANG board of that.

I may be speaking out of turn, but I'm going to chime in anyway because this is the internet and that's what Al Gore invented it for... For every person like you who was selected for a pilot slot, there are plenty of us still busting our asses trying to get one. Best of luck to you though.

• Upvote 1

I know a guy who did exactly this. He SIE'd from ROTC summer camp and about a minute after signing the paperwork he realized he screwed up. Soon after he enlisted in the local guard unit and busted his ass (literally) packing chutes for a couple of years but his work ethic impressed enough people that they gave him a shot.

On a more serious note this is the only way you're going to overcome your decision.

Did he complete training?

So, you asked a question and then vanished.

Are you going to participate in getting an answer or are you quitting this thread, too?

On a more serious note this is the only way you're going to overcome your decision.

I will add that it is likely the only way to even get an interview, let alone a slot.

I have (2) units saying that it's not an issue, just as long Ive proven such.

If that's the case, then why did you ask strangers on the internet this question:

Serious question. Did the "(2) units" tell you that after your first post or is there more to this?