UTA dress code?

While business casual will work, I'd probably go all out with the tuxedo t-shirt. You're easy to forget when you're wearing Dockers and a Polo, but no one forgets the dude who rolled into the UTA sporting the tuxedo-t.

tuxedo-t-shirt.jpg

Edited by Royal

While business casual will work, I'd probably go all out with the tuxedo t-shirt. You're easy to forget when you're wearing Dockers and a Polo, but no one forgets the dude who rolled into the UTA sporting the tuxedo-t.

tuxedo-t-shirt.jpg

Noted.

A guy in my unit replaced the caprisun with bourbon before going to the desert. No one none the wiser.

He pledged a unit in the desert? Aggressive!

• 1 month later...

I just played it safe and went as business casual and everything worked out fine. I got the impression that they probably wouldn't care too much one way or the other as long as you look tidy.

I just played it safe and went as business casual and everything worked out fine. I got the impression that they probably wouldn't care too much one way or the other as long as you look tidy.

I agree to check with the unit first but you guys might want to consider you would have to get your rank sewn on your uniforms (whatever you enlisted as). Your uniform will fade and, depending on how long you wait for AMS, when you remove the stripes there will be an obvious outline of where they used to be (not something you want to show up to AMS wearing).

Edited by Kenny Powers

Random question, I am a pilot select. I have my uniforms but obviously no rank until after I go to AMS. The last UTA I went to I just wore business casual. I am sworn in, have an ID and everything. Can/Should I wear a uniform to UTA before I go to AMS?

I wouldn't be comfortable wearing ABUs unless I knew the rudiments of the dress reg, and basic customs and courtesies. People expect that out of others who wear the uniform. Business casual, not so much. Plus, you might as well be comfortable during drill, ABUs suck.

But to each his own, and according to unit preference of course.

I agree to check with the unit first but you guys might want to consider you would have to get your rank sewn on your uniforms (whatever you enlisted as). Your uniform will fade and, depending on how long you wait for AMS, when you remove the stripes there will be an obvious outline of where they used to be (not something you want to show up to AMS wearing).

Sorry, I should have clarified - I'm a civilian, not enlisted. I don't know anything about what is expected for enlisted people.

Edited by bb17

Don't apologize, he is at exactly the same point in the process of becoming a pilot that you are. He just likes giving advice as if he was an old cranium who has been hanging around the squadron bar swapping war stories for 20 years.

Don't apologize, he is at exactly the same point in the process of becoming a pilot that you are. He just likes giving advice as if he was an old cranium who has been hanging around the squadron bar swapping war stories for 20 years.

Negative. I am not a civilian and have been around squadrons for over a decade. Thanks for being a douche and continuing to try and discredit my service, though you know nothing about me or how I have served other than I am a new pilot select.

I bet this will make a great story to tell your war buddies. Guess you gotta find some way to feel relevant .

...you know nothing about me or how I have served other than I am a new pilot select.

That's all anyone needs to know. You have no SA to offer and the advice you are offering destroys SA. You need to learn the difference. My family, friends and "war buddies" are depending on you for that, assuming your unit is still open and you change your attitude enough so that you can actually become a fighter pilot a few years from now. [\i]

I bet this will make a great story to tell your war buddies.

That's kinda funny. But only kinda.

Unfortunately, it demonstrates your tendency to overestimate your opinion of yourself. There is no story to tell my "war buddies." Great attitude BTW...a know it all FNG nightmare waiting to happen for some poor squadron.

Your extraneous comments about sewing and removing enlisted rank blah blah blah is irrelevant and confusing to them. The only correct answer is they should ask the unit they now belong to what they should wear. They need not apologize to you for the stupid comments you gave disguised as advice from someone experienced in this sort of thing.

Clear enough, Sarge/cadet/pre-student?

God dammit.

Don't worry, you're doing it right.

For all the other new guys that discover this through effective and appropriate use of the search function...just ask your unit what they expect from you. It is not supposed to be a test and they are not trying to trick you. They are supposed to tell you what to do, you are not expected to guess correctly.