1-star fired as head of Ariz. Air Guard

Bobby

Wonder where the politics are worse AD or Guard. See/hear this sort of nonsense all the time when they come visit.

Guard. No contest.

• 3 weeks later...

"I totally agree that their findings about you were wrong. I'll send a letter to the bosses on your behalf, and here's a LOR so you can...fight it."

"Oh, you didn't like the LOR? Fine, you're fired since I can't trust you anymore."

EDIT: Clarity... stupidity actually.

Edited by 17D_guy

Goofy Grape Guard standard.

Disgraceful.

I would agree that there are quite a few disgraceful actions noted in that article. Those actions don't reflect the Guard as a whole by any stretch of the imagination.

If the Guard standard is "Goofy Grape", why are so many AD bros jumping ship for it?

I would agree that there are quite a few disgraceful actions noted in that article. Those actions don't reflect the Guard as a whole by any stretch of the imagination.

If the Guard standard is "Goofy Grape", why are so many AD bros jumping ship for it?

Seriously?

What, that the Guard is not disgraceful? Yeah, seriously.

That there are a bunch of AD bubbas jumping ship for the Guard and happy to be here? Seriously.

Before you dig the hole deeper, you should probably take note (and correct me if I'm wrong) but Rainman is a Guard guy.

There is the highest and best use of people and assets part of the Guard that is invaluable.

There is the Goofy Grape tribal inbred self centered self serving self dealing crazy aunt in the attic part of the Guard that is disgraceful.

If you are unfamiliar with the latter you are lucky but you also have no SA about the Guard.

So yes...seriously?

Before you dig the hole deeper, you should probably take note (and correct me if I'm wrong) but Rainman is a Guard guy.

What hole? Do you disagree with my statements? Or do you believe I dug a hole because I challenged Rainman's one-sentence misguided assessment of the Guard?

I have been reading Rainman's posts for a long time so I am aware he transferred from the AD to the Guard. Much of the time I couldn't agree more with his assessments. Sometimes he misses the boat completely, as in this case.

There is the highest and best use of people and assets part of the Guard that is invaluable.

There is the Goofy Grape tribal inbred self centered self serving self dealing crazy aunt in the attic part of the Guard that is disgraceful.

If you are unfamiliar with the latter you are lucky but you also have no SA about the Guard.

So yes...seriously?

Glad to see you retract your statement that the Guard standard is "Goofy Grape". Every organization has its strengths and weaknesses. If you don't understand why politics happen (and are sometimes a necessity) in the Guard, perhaps it is you that's tumbleweed.

I'm still interested in your response to my original question: why do you believe so many AD bros are jumping ship for the Guard?

Glad to see you retract your statement that the Guard standard is "Goofy Grape".

Sorry to burst your bubble but I did no such thing. There is definitely a Goofy Grape guard standard and this Arizona bullshit is a perfect example. Rarely does are he significant contributions and accomplishments of he Guard highlighted but this shit gets all thevattention in the world because it is so stupid. It is shit like his that makes the rest of the Guard look like a bunch of fuck ups and it is what gives the AD decision makers the ammo they need to fuck with the Guard.

You are disorienting yourself with your blind defense. Take a knee and catch your breath. You are looking to pick a fight where there is none.

If you don't understand why politics happen (and are sometimes a necessity) in the Guard, perhaps it is you that's tumbleweed.

Perhaps. But unlikely. I feel pretty confident about my SA level on this topic.

I'm still interested in your response to my original question: why do you believe so many AD bros are jumping ship for the Guard?

Several reasons, most of which are good and none of which are counter arguments to my Goofy Grape disgraceful behavior comment.

• 4 weeks later...