More good news: "USAF comptroller: $1 billion IT system a bust"

Catbox

Defense Contractors must see the USAF as a bunch of small town rubes running down the Midway with overalls filled to the brim with $20 bills.

A seven-year, billion dollar investment by the Air Force in a new logistics management system has turned out to be a bust, officials say.

“I am personally appalled at the limited capability the program has produced relative to that amount of investment,” Air Force Comptroller Jamie Morin told the Senate Armed Services readiness and management support subcommittee on Wednesday.

The Air Force is now trying to sort out what can be salvaged from its investment on the Expeditionary Combat Support System and map out a way forward in a new report likely to be delivered to Congress next month.

http://www.airforcet...ability-041912/

Edited by Catbox

Follow the money and see who pitched this to the AF, I bet you it was somebody who used to wear a uniform and worked in logistics.

Meh. We add $1 billion to the national debt every 7 hours, so WGAS? I say we spend a trillion if it is easier to use than LOGMOD, which is the ######ing devil.

LOL, 2. Half the Loggie/A4 guys I know can't make that program work, let alone us flyers who use it as part of our additional duties.

Meh. We add $1 billion to the national debt every 7 hours, so WGAS? I say we spend a trillion if it is easier to use than LOGMOD, which is the ######ing devil.

Oh LOGMOD. My favorite LOGMOD-ism is the famed "you've gone 2 minutes without logging in to LOGMOD. Your account has been suspended." message.

Piece of sh*t program.