Cleared HOT - Mil Helo Mag - Complimentary Subscriptions for Rotorheads

Helitac

Evening All,

Just wanted to invite any rotorheads here to partake in our complimentary subscriptions to our new digital publication for the military helo world. We are up to Issue 3 of Cleared HOT and thought we would extend some complimentary subs to members here. If you would like to enjoy the magazine, a totally digital publication, then please drop me a PM here with name and email address and will send you the invite to our new VIP section where you can download Cleared HOT as well as HeliOps, our civil helo mag and also many of our others.

Cheers Everyone,

Rick

Admin Manager

Cleared HOT

First off Mr Davies Ned is away down country and this post has nothing to do with him, I am making it.

If you wish to just drag something up from the past which was not even a post from myself and use it to make some sort of point, instead of accepting the offer as it stands then thats your choice but I think its pretty poor form. I will obviously take it that you dont wish to take up the offer and thats fine, its duly noted. Will just add those who have sent me PMs.

The offer continues to stay open to other members of the forum if they so wish. Have a good day Sir.

Rick

Ned has pissed off a few people here.

He's threatened to cancel the subscriptions of the entire community, and I know that he actually has cancelled several peoples' subs.

So, you come here doing Ned's bidding and offering more subscriptions (that Ned can cancel on a whim) as if there is no history to address, and you think you have the right to castigate me for remembering the above!? Ugh.

First off Mr Davies Ned is away down country and this post has nothing to do with him, I am making it. If you wish to just drag something up from the past which was not even a post from myself and use it to make some sort of point, instead of accepting the offer as it stands then thats your choice but I think its pretty poor form.

Poor form?

Rick,

Steve is bringing up a very valid point, in this case context most certainly matters.

Ned was welcomed here a long time ago and I know I for one enjoyed the magazine and was grateful for the free subscription. It did not go unnoticed that you were bearing the cost of posting the magazine to me across the ocean.

As professional aviators we live by a creed that says learn from your mistakes. The debrief is the most common vehicle we use to give feedback and fix mistakes. It makes us all better, it is not personal, but it is honest, and it is to the point. In a previous thread while complimenting the magazine someone provided just such a debrief item with regard to spelling/editing. It was not mean spirited, it was not an insult, it was meant to make the magazine better. Rather than act like a professional aviator and take the input as it was intended, Ned exploded and acted like a petulant child, proceeded to throw feces all over this forum, then proceeds to cancel some subscriptions, (in full disclosure...including mine and I had no part in the previous fight).

Flash forward and Ned returns acting as if nothing happened making an offer for a free calendar. I point out that his last appearance did not go well and resulted in a cancellation of my sub and what I thought was a cutting of ties. He AGAIN explodes, throwing insults, and UN-INVITES everyone on this forum from participating in yours...as I recall he said "DONT go to the forum and join because members from here arent welcome."

Flash forward to today and the name "Helitac" is again posting on this forum telling us about a free magazine. I think it is COMPLETELY reasonable to wonder if this is a genuine offer, how long will it last, and will it lead to yet another tantrum on this forum. What am I to assume after learning you are posting not Ned?

a. My subscription to Helitac is still canceled?

b. I am not welcome on your forum?

c. I can get a free copy of "Cleared HOT"?

d. All of the above?

I certainly don't want to see another pissing match on this forum, but we did not bring it up, "Helitac" did. If you want to offer a free magazine to all the Baseops members that is great, I would truly like to take a look. However, If it comes with the strings that Ned will cancel it at the drop of a hat, that members of this forum are not welcome on his forum....well then I would say, respectfully, no thanks.

The ball is in your court.

Graybeard,

Am happy to answer your questions. I do know that yes he took issue with various comments posted on here as we briefly discussed them some time ago. The full depth of it I didnt get into not does it concern me. Yes Ned speaks his mind, for the better or worse and I do know as far as the comments from Mr Davies, it was taken as trying to discredit our publications since Mr Davies is tied up with other magazines from what we are aware. But anyway as far as I am concerned I was not involved in that issue so wont make any further comment on it. With regards to your questions I can answer then as follows:

a. My subscription to Helitac is still canceled?

Helitac magazine was actually merged into HeliOps some time ago and it became a joint civil/military publication. I have no idea on who to look up in the database to see if your name is on there since we dont have a "gray beard" in our database. If you wish to send me a PM here with a name to check then I am happy to do so.

b. I am not welcome on your forum?

Yes you are welcome to the forum, anyone and everyone is. As long as we have had it going we have only banned one person and I know that for a fact as I oversee the admin of the forum. In case you dont have the url anymore its http://www.heliopsforum.com

c. I can get a free copy of "Cleared HOT"?

Not a problem. Just send me a PM with name and email address and I will send you the email invite to the VIP section of our new website which will have PDF downloads of both HeliOps and Cleared HOT. We decided recently to launch a dedicated digital based publication for the mil helo industry and that was where Cleared HOT came from. Its totally digital with no printed copies and Issue 3 is out very soon.

d. All of the above?

See all of the above answers.

Hope that clarifies things for you. And bottom line Yes Ned may piss a few people off because he is a pretty blunt person and straight shooter but I take my hat off to him that he has always done everything he can to promote the helo industry, both civil and military. Anyway, ball is back with you.

Regards

Rick.

Edited by Helitac

Rick

I think you meant to direct your comments to ClearedHot, not to be confused with the name of your digital magazine; "Gray Beard" is just a forum status for someone who has been on here for a while.

Otherwise, let's not repeat the mistakes of the past. While we appreciate your offer of complimentary subscriptions to your new digital rotorhead publication, if things go sour once again I will not hesitate to pull the plug on this entire effort and your account.

Not trying to scare you or anything, but we've been down this road before and I will not allow the same crap to happen twice. I'm sure you understand.

Cheers! M2

Yes Ned speaks his mind, for the better or worse and I do know as far as the comments from Mr Davies, it was taken as trying to discredit our publications since Mr Davies is tied up with other magazines from what we are aware.

From what you were aware?

I'm not "tied up" with any magazines, and I never have been. At the time I made my comments to Ned, I hadn't written for a magazine several years.

I had nothing to gain from telling him that there were some simple things that he could do to make the magazine much better. He pissed people off not because he "is blunt", but because he behaved like a child.

Good luck with the new venture, anyway.

Edited by Steve Davies

• 2 weeks later...

Morning Everyone,

We now have our brand new website up and running as well as the VIP section where you can download all of our magazines including the Helo ones and also the motor racing ones. All you need to do is click on the below link and click on the VIP Login at the top and take 30 seconds to fill out the form and hey presto, all done and then you can download the mags.

Current issue of Cleared HOT and HeliOps are in there and will be updated in about a week so if you want to download the current issues then do so asap.

http://www.kiakahamedia.com

Regards and trust you enjoy them.

Rick