RRF metrics / "retain" vs "definetly retain"?

In my wing retain meant bottom 25% whether or not to be worried would be based on how many of your year group get do not retains in comparison to the stated quota. Either way, everyone should always be afraid and have options.

75% was the DR allocation. An R generally puts you in the bottom 25%. So assuming all the DRs get retained, if you have an R you're sitting at up to a 20% chance of getting cut, however it's likely less as there will be a few DNRs and Rs with negative info.

If you've got your basic boxes checked (PME & AAD/BACH+) and no derogatory information you needn't be too worried I'd think, even with an R. Without the boxes I'd hope you've got a couple strats or awards because you could be set up for a pink slip.

zb

Typical...our WG/CC did not have the balls to explain anything and let us all walk away thinking we were "middle of the road"...

Confusing part, all the field graders in my year group got the same "retain"....ACSC done...masters...strats...everything....but all the captains seem to have gotten DR's....me smells a plan to boost other peoples standing at our expense.

I thought the allocation was per year group, so a CGO and an FGO are not in competition with one another. We are in competition with each other in the same year group. I know of a Major with SOS DG along with other impressive strats that got an R. I think if anything is more likely it is more likely that they wanted to give more DRs to folks who are in "non critically manned" career fields. It seems like they are banking on rated guys not getting cut. We'll see, either way the RRFs are in, the board has met and your career has been decided. Press on till you get whatever the news is and worry about what you can control... which is pretty much nothing but your attitude and how you respond to the next crap sandwich.

....me smells a plan to boost other peoples standing at our expense.

Unless your year group has people who've already pinned on Major while others have not, then you needn't suspect the wing of conspiring against you...at least not in the way you suggested. The DR allocations are 75% for each year group.

Please correct me if I misunderstood what you tried to convey.