Web Sites For Selling A House Near Military Installations

M2

I am trying to put together a list for an acquaintance who is selling their house near Randolph due to a job relocation. They wanted to know if there are any web sites specifically targeting military personnel looking to buy a home. I've heard of Military Homes For Sale and Military By Owner, but after that point I am out of Schlitz. Can anyone suggest any others?

By the way, I've got no gouge on this particular home; but if anyone is interested I can get some contact info for ya!

Thanks! M2

I've used AHRN before. It's free and it's sponsored by the DoD so anybody that checks in at Base Housing will be referred to the website. Not sure if they're doing FSBO or going with a realtor, but I've also used one of those websites that will give your FSBO a MLS# and put it on realtor.com for $99. Gives your FSBO a little more exposure.

Edited by go_cubbies22

I'm in the middle of my third FSBO. We've had good luck with a combination of AHRN, and Military by Owner. In addition, get on www.zillow.com and update the info on your home. If you don't get much traffic starting out, get on the MLS listings.

Edited by SuperWSO

If you need to sell a home in the Randolph AFB area, a friend of the family's is the 2010 Realtor of the Year in Texas and I'm sure she'd be happy to help. PM me for details.

Additionally (and this applies to ANY installation), I HIGHLY, HIGHLY, HIGHLY recommend Dave Ramsey's Endorsed Local Providers. I've moved 6 times in 8 years and have NEVER been disappointed with them.

http://www.daveramsey.com/elp/realestate/