Get out your wallet, fatty!

Toro

Kevin Smith's argument was that he fit in his seat just fine. He claimed to buy a second seat not because it's the only way he can fit, but because he likes the extra room to spread out. He said that he was able to put down both armrests and not spill out, plus he was able to fasten his seatbelt properly. I agree that he's obese, but he has a point in that he wasn't in violation of the safety argument that Southwest used to kick him off the flight. However, that's assuming that his side of the story is correct.

The problem I have is with people who take up half my seat, or won't be able to wedge themselves out of my way during an emergency egress. While fat people annoy me, I don't think Kevin Smith was completely in the wrong here.

Sure that's the argument... but look at the picture. Does that look like someone that takes up one Southwest seat? More to the point, does it look like someone who wouldn't be in the way if he was crammed into one seat during some kind of emergency?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sure that's the argument... but look at the picture. Does that look like someone that takes up one Southwest seat? More to the point, does it look like someone who wouldn't be in the way if he was crammed into one seat during some kind of emergency?

I'm not worried. Apparently the seat will crush under him and I can easily step over.

Kevin Smith Breaks Toilet