Firearms at the BX

AlphaMikeFoxtrot

At Vance anyways, I drive on/off base all the time with my gun(s) in the car...many times plainly in view from the outside (in their cases obviously). I've never had a single thing said to me. If this is a general case at other bases, then I wouldn't think transporting the firearm from the BX would be a big deal at all. Plus, you're not going to get stopped going off base (unless some cop fag decides to nail you (sts) for 1 over), so no big deal.

Guest josephperez826

Brabus,

Rules for transportation of a weapon in a base, fort, station or camp is different from place to place. But there is not one place where you can have a loaded weapon on your person while stroling around the base (exception SFs, MPs, and/or federal agents like osi, cid or ncis)while doing your everyday stuff, even if you have a civilian conceal carry permit (they are no good to you inside a military instalation). What you mention about carrying your weapon at plain view and in their cases is seen as good courtesy on your part in most places by most LEOs agencies, and is a big difference from concealing a loaded handgun on your person, which is a federal offense. With that said, is only prudent to check the local rules for transporting a weapon everytime you go to a new base.

Well, I wouldn't expect someone to slap a full mag into their 1911 as they walked out of the BX. No one's wanting to carry on base, I just figure it wouldn't be a big deal to transport the firearm in your car off base, as some brought up earlier. And I do know every base is different...apparently some bases you can't even keep your own guns in your on-base house. Screw that...those bastards at the armory are never going to touch my guns...ever.

Your best bet is to visit and develop a personal relationship with the NCOIC of the armory. These guys/gals love weapons, will enjoy discussing your interest in firearms, and will be a able to provide with with base-specific firearm rules as they apply to your situation.

You will have developed a new professional relationship with an interesting person, your questions will all be answered, you'll be aware of exactly what your weapons circumstances are, and if there's ever ever any problem or conflict with the SF, you've done due diligence and can drop a name too.