Alex P. Keaton's Mom is a lesbo.

Spoo

Sorry, but I thought she was a MILF back in the day...

'Family Ties'' Meredith Baxter comes out on 'Today':

'I am a lesbian,' dating girlfriend Nancy Locke

BY Cristina Everett

DAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER

Wednesday, December 2nd 2009, 10:51 AM

Meredith Baxter has been hiding a seven-year secret.

The actress, who is most recognized as Elyse Keaton, the free-spirited mom on the hit ‘80s sitcom "Family Ties," has revealed she is a lesbian.

"I am a lesbian, and it was a later-in-life recognition," Baxter told Matt Lauer on "Today." "Some people would say, well, you're living a lie and, you know, the truth is – not at all. This has only been for the past seven years."

Having been in three failed marriages to men, Baxter explained she intentionally chose to be with male partners with whom she clashed as a reason to place blame for the end of the relationship.

It wasn't until the actress, 62, began a relationship with a woman seven years ago that she realized she was gay.

"I got involved with someone I never expected to get involved with, and it was that kind of awakening," she said. "I never fought it because it was like, oh, I understand why I had the issues I had early in life. I had a great deal of difficulty connecting with men in relationships."

Baxter is currently in a four-year relationship with Nancy Locke, a building contractor whom she met through mutual friends.

Because Locke is openly gay, Baxter said she had to reach a level of comfort so that her partner wouldn't be pushed "back into secrecy," adding that they "live very out lives in Los Angeles."

Though Baxter wasn't hiding her relationship, her sexuality became tabloid talk when the National Enquirer reported that she and a female friend appeared "very relaxed and comfortable" aboard a Caribbean cruise sponsored by lesbian travel company Sweet last month.

Celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, known for bullying stars to out themselves, posted photos on Tuesday of Baxter looking cozy with Locke.

To avoid public scrutiny, Baxter decided to share her story on national television.

She told People, "I feel like I'm being honest for the first time."

post-6844-125977360929_thumb.jpg

Yeah, you're right. The White House party crashers and Tiger taking a beatin' for cheatin' are real hard-hitting news stories.

MILF shots. Kinda crosses into the Cougar genre too. I tried like hell to find some boob shots, but this was the best I could do.

meredith-baxter-012.jpg

Meredith%20Baxter.jpg

It wasn't until the actress, 62, began a relationship with a woman seven years ago that she realized she was gay. (By my math, that makes her a 57 year old dike)

Baxter is currently in a four-year relationship with Nancy Locke, a building contractor whom she met through mutual friends.

Nothing but yuck all around. The only thing that could have made this worse is if they had a three way with Kelly McGillis.

Nothing but yuck all around. The only thing that could have made this worse is if they had a three way with Kelly McGillis.

You're right - probably don't want to see what the Nancy Locke looks like. But...she is a building contractor - think she makes her wear a toolbelt?

Or how about Alex's sister, Mallory (Justine Bateman)?. She grew up to be a real beauté.

Gearpig, do we really want UPT hopefuls on BaseOps getting their dreams dashed with loss of eyesight?

Edited by Justin

Maybe something like this??

I was thinking something more like this.

tooltime-girl.jpg

pamela_anderson-tool-girl1.jpg

Who knew it would be so hard to find pictures of hot chicks in tool belts?

Guest PerArduaAdAstra

Sorry, but I thought she was a MILF back in the day...

Back in the day, maybe. But now? Not too surprising that the only person she can find is another dried up old lesbo....

irvin-guesswho-meredithBaxterBirney.jpg