TIMS

Guest Ir0nRaven

Guest Ir0nRaven

Just got a new update to TIMS a few weeks ago and now students can't view opted or un-submitted gradesheets. This is definately a change, and hurts mission planning a little bit.

Has anyone experienced this, or found a good workaround? For example, when we start a new block, we can't see what we're opted for.

Thanks

Lt Winslow @ CAFB

There is a workaround but I don't remember it. A guy from the company that makes TIMs showed it to me once. It is an option near the menus when you back up a grade book. I can call the guy and ask if some one else can't fill in the missing piece here.

Edited by Radio

Just the way it is...why do you need gradesheets for mission planning? All you really need to know is if you passed or not and are thus moving on to the next ride.

3-ride maneuver continuity, maneuvers below MIF, etc etc

Fly an item you aren't opted for = syllabus deviation

The standard AETC queep.

But the syllabus would be a good "alternative"

Edited by TarHeelPilot

3-ride maneuver continuity, maneuvers below MIF, etc etc

Fly an item you aren't opted for = syllabus deviation

The standard AETC queep.

But the syllabus would be a good "alternative"

For starting a new block reference the Syllabus.

After that you can open a submitted grade sheet and under the print options there is a way you can print out all the rides in the block and it will show what you accomplished on what sortie as well as what MIF is and what the + items are.

That would be my suggestion.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest pilotapplicant

1. Open the Report Browser

2. New Report

3. Under the same general section where you do a gradebook check select Gradesheet (I think it is under Student Performance. If not look under all the tabs for Gradesheet)

4. A window opens with your name to select one of your gradesheets.

5. Instead of highlighting your name and selecting finish go to the top of the window and check the box next to "Blank" This should bring up your syllabus. Highlight your syllabus and click finish. This brings up a list of all events in your syllabus. When you click on an individual event you can see the gradesheet and the + items and MIF. They don't look like you are used to seeing but all the info is there.

Edited by pilotapplicant

Like Fury220 said...RTF syllabus. It's your job. TIMS is great, but you should know what is expected even when the computer doesn't work.

Sounds harsh, but when I was teaching UPT, sometimes you just couldn't finish the gradesheet right away. Find another means to mission plan.

Wheelz