Flyers wearing ABU's

Guest BUFF DRIVER

Guest chizekie

This is our new flight suit. Looks amazingly like what the ground guys wear. Minus the "You do not know the powers of the dark side" helmet. The wear out date for us is 1 SEP.

:rainbow::bohica:

I was expecting a lot more, that thing is just normal ACUs with a few very minor differences. Fuck that, I have no desire to fly in that thing. I guess I could see those of you in a larger cockpit doing it (sts), but no way I want to sit in a small cockpit for hours in that thing.

I was expecting a lot more, that thing is just normal ACUs with a few very minor differences. ###### that, I have no desire to fly in that thing. I guess I could see those of you in a larger cockpit doing it (sts), but no way I want to sit in a small cockpit for hours in that thing.

That was kinda the point to look like ACUs. I hate them in the cockpit. The sleeves keep catching the throttles and everything else. By the way Air Warrior is ALSE system. The Army has authorized the below for wear in the cockpit. We never got the funds to get them for the unit, but if you have to wear armor and ALSE gear, it looks like it would work great.

post-6580-124949058286_thumb.jpg

That was kinda the point to look like ACUs. I hate them in the cockpit. The sleeves keep catching the throttles and everything else. By the way Air Warrior is ALSE system. The Army has authorized the below for wear in the cockpit. We never got the funds to get them for the unit, but if you have to wear armor and ALSE gear, it looks like it would work great.

Looks kinda silly if you ask me.

Seen Marines wearing that kind of shirt in chow halls all over the AOR. Since the armor goes over it, you wouldn't be able to tell they're wearing it outside the wire. Not sure what their regs say about wearing it without armor, but I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't allowed. They weren't getting their asses chewed out for it, but it was an AF chow hall, I'm sure the sunglasses nazis are scared of them.

I was expecting a lot more, that thing is just normal ACUs with a few very minor differences. Fuck that, I have no desire to fly in that thing. I guess I could see those of you in a larger cockpit doing it (sts), but no way I want to sit in a small cockpit for hours in that thing.

Yeah, because the F-16 cockpit (sts) is so much tighter (sts) than an AH-64 or two 160th dudes (sts) in an AH-6 w/ body armor; your argument makes no sense.

Guest chizekie

Looks like something McPeak would have designed. :bash:

Yeah, because the F-16 cockpit (sts) is so much tighter (sts) than an AH-64 or two 160th dudes (sts) in an AH-6 w/ body armor; your argument makes no sense.

I never said it was. I would also hate wearing it in above mentioned situations. I was just saying I wouldn't see as big of a problem if dudes wanted to wear it in 130s, 17s, etc.

Just admit it, most just "like" the bag. I am definitely in that category. But I will admit the two piece is mo better if you are deployed. Especially when it is hot. And you don't have to worry about dropping a sleeve in the blue water.

edit for addition.

Edited by OverTQ

Keep wearing your one piece flightsuit and those of us who care about function rather than how cool we look will wear the 2 piece ACUs. Two piece flight suits rule.

Definitely not true in fighters/bombers. 1 piece = safer for ejection. Nothing to do with 'cool'. IMO it's also more functional and comfortable.

Definitely not true in fighters/bombers. 1 piece = safer for ejection. Nothing to do with 'cool'. IMO it's also more functional and comfortable.

As a completely uninformed civilian, I'm just curious the difference between a 1 and 2 piece flight suit when ejecting?