Honduras: Next insurgency war?

USMCAirWinger

With the threat of a Chavez invasion (backed by Nicaragua and Cuba) if the deposed Honduras president isn't reinstated, what do you fellas think we will do.

So far President Obama denounced the "coup". From what I have been reading, the actions by their congress and supreme court were a result of Zelaya's attempted violation of their constitution as well as his contempt of the supreme court by pushing a referendum to extend his presidency just like Chavez did in Venezuela.

Nicaragua shares a border with Honduras and they are not too far from Venezuela's Flankers.

Discuss.

Edited by USMCAirWinger

My bet?

Nothing. We will sit back and "talk" and let someone else do the dirty work. Even if that means Chavez does it and we end up with another hostile dictator.

I doubt it. We don't have a history of doing "nothing" We have a history of trying to make it look like we're doing nothing but we're always doing something. Sometimes we try harder than other times. The real question is when do you think this one will bite us in the ass?

I doubt it. We don't have a history of doing "nothing" We have a history of trying to make it look like we're doing nothing but we're always doing something. Sometimes we try harder than other times. The real question is when do you think this one will bite us in the ass?

"2"

Obama is the POTUS of Disengagement. A related question might be - once he feels that bite, how long before he stops that disengagement? There are after all a few things heating up right now. I think he's out of his element, frankly.

It's easy for him to sit by and just watch in the beginning. He has already demonstrated the ability to do just that (Iran reaction).

Of course, we (most of us) don't really know if he is disengaging behind the scenes or not...

F

Chavez isn't going to invade. Just the usual BS commie rhetoric to try and get Obama to say something stupid. Plus everyone in the world is pissed over this (I honestly though it was ok?) so I wouldn't be surprised if the interim gov't backs down and Zelaya somehow gets his spot back.

Edited by PapaJu

I wouldn't be surprised if the interim gov't backs down and Zelaya somehow gets his spot back.

If he does get it back, it will be a textbook Chavez faked coup. He did this a few years ago. He staged a coup and was put back in power a few days later. From there, he modified the constitution and you now see the results. A defacto dictator.

Guest SATCOM

Shades of when I was there in the early 80's....and throw in a little spice called Nicaragua.

Edited by SATCOM