What a great Idea..

Guest F16crewdwgg

Guest F16crewdwgg

So I was thinking to myself while riding the elevator, wouldn't it be sweet to have an F-16 roller coaster.

Basically, the person gets in the cart which is a replica of an F-16 cockpit, they get in and buckle up and there is even a canopy that closes on them...

Next, the ride consist of a mock F-16 ride (Of course, what else would it do?). The ride will consist of F-16 maneuvers, from dog fights to vertical climbs and even some upside down action.

Could even take it to the next level and have another track unconnected to the riders track, with a fake bandit going around as if you were chasing it in a dog fight. The two carts will get so close that they look like they will collide...

I call this .. "The Fighter Pilot."

Haha, Idk.. Sounds great to me any engineers ready to put this on the drawing board?

Also feel free to add your own ideas, see what type of great roller coaster we can create here.

with a fake bandit going around as if you were chasing it in a dog fight. The two carts will get so close that they look like they will collide...

Don't you mean a fake bandit that your getting chased by? This is an F-16 we're talking about here, and you wanted to make it real...and for that matter, the ride would be too short to be enjoyable...unless their's a tanker involved...

FF

Also feel free to add your own ideas, see what type of great roller coaster we can create here.

Also feel free to add your own ideas, see what type of :rainbow: thread we can create here.

So I was thinking to myself while riding the elevator, wouldn't it be sweet to have an F-16 roller coaster.

That would have been a good stopping point.

edit- 1000 posts, holy crap.

Edited by slacker

From the Top Gun coaster website (above):

Paramount Pictures’ Top Gun, starring Tom Cruise, was the top grossing movie of 1986. The military-themed drama told the story of a group of elite navy fighter pilots competing in a fighter school setting to become the “top gun” of the cadre, but they found that their personal lives and emotions went through more dangerous maneuvers than their F-14 Tomcat jets.

Oh, that IS AWESOME! Well done themeparks.lovetoknow.com. I couldn't have summed that movie up any better.

Guest F16crewdwgg

That's stupid though. It's just a regular roller coaster with Top Gun used for a name.

That would have been a good stopping point.

edit- 1000 posts, holy crap.

Great minds never stop. :nob:

Also feel free to add your own ideas, see what type of :rainbow: thread we can create here.

You're all about the :rainbow: aren't you?

So I clicked that link and on the page there is a picture of a MiG 29, but the caption reads F-14 Tomcat.

You have to pretend it's a F-14 just like they did in the movie. The ride looks :rainbow: just like the movie.

You're all about the :rainbow: aren't you?

ZING? You really got me there. Sorry, I was wrong, this thread is a great idea.

Guest MegaPieBoy

Hey.....I'd have to say your idea is like 100 times better than any of the ideas I had in the Why ROTC Sucks Thread. :thumbsup:

Guest F16crewdwgg
ZING? You really got me there. Sorry, I was wrong, this thread is a great idea.

Zing? Who says that? Thanks for finally coming to your senses though. This thread is a great idea :)

Anyway, I also think it would be cool to have bitchin Betty in the cockpit while flying around..

Edited by F16crewdwgg

It would be a cool concept if you could figure out a way to do it. Maybe have "dueling" roller coasters. One train as the blue fighter and the other as the bandit. Doesn't have to be realistic, just cool to ride on (sts).

We have "Dueling Dragons" at Islands of Adventure (Universal-Orlando).

Dueling Dragons is a pair of dueling roller coasters at Universal Studios' Islands of Adventure. The ride is the only dueling inverted roller coaster in the world. The ride is themed to two dragons, one side being Fire and the other Ice. It features a layout in which the two trains share adjacent lift hills, but then traverse two completely unique courses. The ride features three near misses between the two trains, which bring riders' feet within several inches of riders on the other train. The ride was constructed by Bolliger & Mabillard of Switzerland. The Fire Dragon reaches a top speed of 60 mph and the Ice Dragon reaches a top speed of 55 mph. At three points during the ride the Dueling Dragons coasters get within 12 inches of each other . Both dragons have a two minute and twenty-five second ride duration. Fire has 5 inversions, including two Immelmann's, a vertical loop, and two corkscrews. One Immelmann is special; it is a new type of loop. It's called Wrap-Round Immelmann.[1] Ice has 5 inversions, including a zero-g roll, cobra roll, vertical loop, and corkscrew.

Guest TwosBlind

said ride would only be cool if at some point the rider was subjected to 9gs and a complete blackout...preferably at the end just before reaching the "station". :rock:

I've been on both! Top Gun in Norcal and that dueling dragons one in Fl......

The one you're talking about exists! 2 tracks...launched simultaneously..kinda like a race. Designed kinda like the Superman ride at Magic Mountain in SoCal. Paint scheme looks like the Thunderbirds...but have a basic 'jet' frame. There was a good picture in an old aviation week a few months back.

If we make this thing we have to get some chief theme park officials to make sure everyone has their sleeves rolled down and zippers zipped correctly before the ride is allowed to start.

You could also randomly pull people waiting in line, send them to a trailer and make them ride a coaster remotely.

You could also randomly pull people waiting in line, send them to a trailer and make them ride a coaster remotely.

Shack!

Or make them ride the teacups that has no line even though they've been in line for 5 hours.

Guest Lockjaw25

NICE. :thumbsup:

I would like to see a ride that started off with rolls, loops, and turns with T-38 graphics flying by and then all of a sudden slows down, turns into a straight and level track and does a few 30 degree banks before smoothly returning to the starting point...and right near the end the riders are hit with a small amount of pepper spray to make them cry.

If we make this thing we have to get some chief theme park officials to make sure everyone has their sleeves rolled down and zippers zipped correctly before the ride is allowed to start.

Gotta be a sock-check station, too. One for the ride line, and one for each concession stand line.

OOOH... almost forgot the hand sanitizer stations!

Don't you mean a fake bandit that your getting chased by? This is an F-16 we're talking about here, and you wanted to make it real...and for that matter, the ride would be too short to be enjoyable...unless their's a tanker involved...FF

I've got it!

Right next door is a large oval track with a cloud machine, a really bright light to drive towards and a big gray car. Two people get in the front, and one lies down in the back....not as exciting, but those people would have to stay in there for at LEAST 6 hours, so well worth the $$.