No lunch for you!?

Sim

So I walk into a chow hall today to grab some lunch and during checkout lady tells me - "Since you're here on TDY, you can't eat lunch here anymore...but breakfast and dinner is OK."

What the gayness is this? This chow hall gets 5 people max in a hour and now they're going to turn down a cash paying costumer.....

Did anyone experience this silliness before?

:rainbow:

I'm at Maxwell right now....

Yep, we were at Nellis and were told the same thing. The kicker was due to "ACC" rules we were to stay on base because quarters were available and we were only getting partial perdeim. We tried to explain that even though were were a GSU, we all were still part of Nellis and that should give us the lunch time pass to the chow hall. When all was said and done we ate at Popeyes.

So I walk into a chow hall today to grab some lunch and during checkout lady tells me - "Since you're here on TDY, you can't eat lunch here anymore...but breakfast and dinner is OK."

What the gayness is this? This chow hall gets 5 people max in a hour and now they're going to turn down a cash paying costumer.....

Did anyone experience this silliness before?

I'm at Maxwell right now....

Are you at Maxwell for SOS? I was wondering if we only get partial per diem for SOS in res.

Yep, we were at Nellis and were told the same thing. The kicker was due to "ACC" rules we were to stay on base because quarters were available and we were only getting partial perdeim. We tried to explain that even though were were a GSU, we all were still part of Nellis and that should give us the lunch time pass to the chow hall. When all was said and done we ate at Popeyes.

I saw the same thing happen when I was at Nellis in Nov. Big group of guys came walking in and made it all the way to the register only to be told they had to leave and eat somewhere else.

You gotta get your orderes amended to say you are TDY to Indian Springs....they are their own wing now, and they have no billiting, so there is no one to check in with...so you just find you a place to live!