Top 10 Places to Have a Beer

BADFNZ

Guest Clinstone

Been to Jack Quinn's in COS. Outstanding beer selection including Irish brews and nearly all of the Colorado micro brews. The food is amazing too.

http://www.military.com/entertainment/offb...eer?ESRC=dod.nl

Anyone been to any of these places or have a few to add that aren't on the list? :beer:

I don't go bar hopping, so imagine my surprise when I find out I've been to two of the stateside seven: Rusty's Last Chance and McGuire's

I HIGHLY recommend McGuire's in Pensacola. I was there for 4 days doing water survival and we went there 2 nights. 18 cents for their soup plus homemade beers & homemade root beer too.

Rusty's was a great place to visit, but I only had 30 minutes to enjoy the charm of the place.

Left off the list is the Dixie Chicken. While it is indeed a college hangout, its military roots with Texas A&M (the largest Senior Military College in the U.S.) lends itself to a lot of military tradition. I highly recommend it.

"2" to Jack Quinn's, McGuires and Yoshis. Get hooked up with the "hashing" (not what you'd think based on the name) club which meets on Tuesday nights in COS. Run the 5K then party down with beautiful ladies in UnderArmour and DriFit. Most definitely a great way to spend an evening.

The McGuires in Destin is as good, if not better, than the one in Pennsacola. At least, during the "summer tourist" season it beats Pennsacola but during the off season I'd go with Pennsacola.

Edited by abmwaldo

For those who find themselves in Tucson and can't handle one more night of the Cactus Moon or Maloney's, drop by the Trident for a few beers. Owned by a former SEAL, it is very military friendly and get this--you can actually hear yourself think.

:beer:

Been to Rusty's in Manhattan... only because I went to school at K-State. I wouldn't of classified it as a military hangout mainly because 85% of the clientele were local college kids. Fort Riley is a good 25-30 minute drive.

On another note I'm surprised Chilkoot Charlies in Anchorage was left off the list.

Guest Flyin' AF Hawaiian

I can vouch for McGuire's as well. Destin location is probably nicer, but I think the one in P-Cola makes stronger drinks. Irish Wakes rock!

While no where close to the Top 10 good places, this one will vie for spot on the Top 10 Scary Bars: The Batman Club outside the gate at Osan (is it even still there? Last time I was in Osan was 1995) Or suitable sub: The Nepa Hut (old guys, brief (STS) the newbees)

post-4709-1228781492_thumb.jpg

Guest Matt Damon
bars near military bases & full of military people = not a good time

I was just about to write the same thing. The only reason I would go to any of those places is because I can't get anywhere else.

But to each their own...

I was just about to write the same thing. The only reason I would go to any of those places is because I can't get anywhere else.

But to each their own...

Sorry, I thought the mere mention of Scooters implied sarcasm :thumbsup:

At least the beer is nearly free on Wednesdays. :beer:

Drifters Reef, Wake Island... Yea, it's canned beer and no chicks but the Bar tender is really cool and there is a lot of cool shit on the walls.

The Wool Shed, Cains,Australia. The opposite of Drifters Reef... in a good way.

Tahiti Romas, Tumon Bay, Guam. Sure it closed 10 yrs ago, but the drinks were chep, it was on the beach,and that is where the strippers would go to drink before work.

Some other notable places...

Hog's Breath in Destin or Key West

The Buffett in Tucson

The piece of shit bar in the student area at Fairchild..don't remember it's name...never wanna go back there.

Arrogant Bastard...I drank the stuff one XC and literally lost my pants. I think the fat chick I hooked up with ate them...God I loved those pants! BEWARE!!!