Leadership at the 'Deid

Toro

they just need to start ordering and issuing glow sticks, you know the ones the kids all wear while trick or treating. That way, no one will ever be hit. Those make you nearly invincible. While you are walking around CC, do you still have to pay attention or is it the automobile driver's responsibility to "see and avoid"?

The obvious question for me is, "Who got run over recently that was not wearing a reflective belt?". If no one then maybe we should stop inventing problems to fix.

The obvious question for me is, "Who got run over recently that was not wearing a reflective belt?". If no one then maybe we should stop inventing problems to fix.

2, 2, a million times, 2.

I can see just how much this 120 is going to suck. Any chance I can get my tour pushed back to Salem?

Funny you should ask that. My current base has had more people wearing reflective belts get hit by cars (no serious injuries yet) that were turning and didn't see them in the cross walk.

This has prompted me to start the 'REFLECTIVE BELTS KILL" Campaign!

At some exercise at our (non-deployed) base in recent months, all "players" were required to wear reflective belts. A dude in our squadron wrapped a piece of masking tape around his waist with the words "SIMULATED REFLECTIVE" written on it.

Rates as one of the top-5 funniest things I've seen this year.

...perhaps he's on to something.

Guest tmickel
Still, I'd be pissed if somebody attributed to me "desires" about which I give not a shit.

You'll notice they were very careful about the wording in the Dispatch:

While it is not required in PT gear, it is highly desired by base commanders.

Note, it's base commanders, not base commander.

Speaking of the reflective belt- for our upcoming ORE and ORI everyone on our base is required not to just wear a reflective belt- but it required to be a WHITE reflective belt. Forget the fact that I have a perfectly good orange, blue, red and somewhat purple/pinkish belts readily available in my closet I now have to go to my squadron's supply guy and get said mandatory white belt to add to my collection.

Edited by Vertigo

If your deployed base is doing ORI/ORE's then you need to redeploy because that's a waste of personnel.

Next thing you they'll be doing ASEV's at deployed locations.

I love it. Every 120 days, that place goes dumb. A whole new crew shows up and has to go all Obama (we need change) on the place.

Reflective Belts, OK, I get it. We have to be safe.

Reflective Belts in the AF PT Uniform...YGBFSM. Remove cranium from rectum.

I subscribe to the theory, "if one reflective belt is good, ten is better." It didn't go over so well in the ORE or at the deid.

I might just try that out lol

If your deployed base is doing ORI/ORE's then you need to redeploy because that's a waste of personnel.

Next thing you they'll be doing ASEV's at deployed locations.

Lemme clarify, I'm not deployed currently. However we did do ORE's at the Deid beginning of this year... twice!

Came up today with our CC. Someone asked who got hit to cause all this... The answer is nobody. At least tell us some gruesome injury occured and make us think this is justified.

The AEW/CC will be holding commander’s calls in the CC Theater on September 1st and 2nd at 0800, 1700 and 2100. Attendance is mandatory.

I am wondering if this is where we are going to hear about the new reflective belt policy. :bash:

The AEW/CC will be holding commander’s calls in the CC Theater on September 1st and 2nd at 0800, 1700 and 2100. Attendance is mandatory.

I am wondering if this is where we are going to hear about the new reflective belt policy. :bash:

Hopefully some people will throw the BS flag and give him/her a 15 yard penalty.

well I wake up and find the following email in my inbox. I love how every new policy here at the Deid includes the word "encouraged". I am hoping that the Boss loses this one somewhere on his desk. It is a sad day when my awesome looking PT gear gets supplemented with an even more awesome looking reflective belt. :flipoff:

FYI/A…Providing an update to our conversations last week with regards to the "Mandatory" wear of reflective belts universally across the installation. Originally, we were pressing for a "1 Sep 08" implementation date; however, the policy letter is currently in the coordination process and "has not" been signed-out/released by the Installation Commander. Therefore…we will continue enforcement of existing guidelines.

As an additional safety practice…members are "encouraged" to wear their reflective belts during all hours of darkness, regardless of uniform/location…it is dark out there and don't want anyone to get hurt!

As soon as the Boss signs the policy letter mandating wear…we'll ensure it reaches your in-basket for widest dissemination/immediate implementation…more to follow.

V/r,

Command Chief, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing

Guest mjk5401

Just to clarify things:

Reflective belts are only mandatory in Ops Town and while running on the road, including in CC. If you run on the sidewalk, it's not. I still haven't heard anything about reflective belts being base wide policy, but as of today, it isn't.

In regards to accidents, the Base Commander is cracking down on dumbass drivers. There were almost 20+ accidents in his first month of command. You're required to have a spotter if there are more then two people in the car now. Article 15s going out if you get into an avoidable accident and you didn't have a spotter.

Now for a legit gripe: NO F***ING ICE for air crews at the grab n go. They've changed their policies so many times that we've taken off without ice on several occasions. I cocked on a jet yesterday and had to drink water hotter then tea. One of the days they sent us to the chow hall for ice just to get lip from an airman saying no we can't have any. I'll try to post a ridiculous email from the shirt. But no ICE from services in 115-120 heat BLOWS Goats!

PS...On a happy note, WIFI kicks ass.

Just to clarify things:

Reflective belts are only mandatory in Ops Town and while running on the road, including in CC. If you run on the sidewalk, it's not. I still haven't heard anything about reflective belts being base wide policy, but as of today, it isn't.

In regards to accidents, the Base Commander is cracking down on dumbass drivers. There were almost 20+ accidents in his first month of command. You're required to have a spotter if there are more then two people in the car now. Article 15s going out if you get into an avoidable accident and you didn't have a spotter.

Now for a legit gripe: NO F***ING ICE for air crews at the grab n go. They've changed their policies so many times that we've taken off without ice on several occasions. I cocked on a jet yesterday and had to drink water hotter then tea. One of the days they sent us to the chow hall for ice just to get lip from an airman saying no we can't have any. I'll try to post a ridiculous email from the shirt. But no ICE from services in 115-120 heat BLOWS Goats!

The no ice policy probably won't affect KC-135 crews. They have a freezer (Boom Pod).

So the iPhone has a downloadable App that now allows free calls via its WiFi connection. See-->

WiFi demo

There are other similar apps out there similar to this. Anyone ops checked this from the bra area? If it checks good, I might be switching to AT&T before I rotate over in Dec!

Just make sure your belts are yellow, and them wear then Borat style:

borat_cannes_2.jpg

Then when Diso Belt Nazi calls you on it, ask him to show you the part of the reg you are violating....I bet he won't be able to do it.

Small victories my friends.

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

Guest mjk5401
The no ice policy probably won't affect KC-135 crews. They have a freezer (Boom Pod).

Ahhh......yes, that's only when you are in the air. The hour of preflighting and ball sweating with No AC is bad enough. Add no Ice Cold Water = :bohica: by a horse!

anyone attend the CC call today and got anything "insightful" out of it?

Damn, I must have accidently missed it while sleeping. Guess thats what that "Mandatory CC Call" note on my white board was. Of course, it didn't have a time or location... How was I to know?

Guest mjk5401
So the iPhone has a downloadable App that now allows free calls via its WiFi connection. See-->

WiFi demo

There are other similar apps out there similar to this. Anyone ops checked this from the bra area? If it checks good, I might be switching to AT&T before I rotate over in Dec!

Talked to a guy tonight and he downloaded skype on his IPhone. Cost 2cents a minute and works great in the BPC, but not so much at the Bra.

anyone attend the CC call today and got anything "insightful" out of it?

My crew and I attended this today...not really for the non AEF cycle type folks...more a way for AEW/CC to speak about the accomplishments of AEF 3/4. Someone did raise the question about the reflective belt policy. CC said it is not policy but that he has forwarded the idea to the SQ CCs and Chiefs/First Sergeants for review….The CC spoke about his concerns for our safety with the Qataris moving their folks back to this place…he said it's not going to happen anytime soon…maybe in a few months