Eagle Cash Card

Guest Brewdog

New rule as of Aug 10 is that expiration dates cannot be adjusted, so you will need to get a new card each time you deploy, or convince the young finance troop to give you an extended expiration date if you are a frequent deployer. I was able to set my expiration date at 37 months, to cover the 4-5 deployments I will most likely do between now and my next PCS, but that was with a lot of sweet talking...

Is that rule going into effect Aug 10, 2011? Because I deployed last month, hadn't used my old Eagle card since mid '08. When I landed at OTBH I went to finance and they changed my expiration date. Doesn't make sense to have to get a new card (why waste $$ on the plastic and chips) when all you have to do is change the expiry in the system. But that's Big Blue for you, if a process runs great you have to change it so that something is asinine.

I'm a big fan of the ECC. No wad of cash, no pogs, no checks, no trip to finance if you have an unanticipated large expense. I had to buy new boots a week after I landed at BAF because my old ones decided to blow out at the seams. I just walked over to the BX, picked out the boots I wanted and noted the price, walked the 30 feet to the ECC terminal and loaded exactly that amount on my card, paid for them, and was on my way. Easy.

Edited by TacAirCoug

If you call the number on the back, Treasury will transfer the remaining balance back to your linked bank account. New rule as of Aug 10 is that expiration dates cannot be adjusted, so you will need to get a new card each time you deploy, or convince the young finance troop to give you an extended expiration date if you are a frequent deployer. I was able to set my expiration date at 37 months, to cover the 4-5 deployments I will most likely do between now and my next PCS, but that was with a lot of sweet talking...

Keeping the card from expiring is not necessary regardless of a balance.

There may be a new rule about exp dates, but when I hit the Died in Dec 10, I just went in and had them change the expiration date and it is still working right now. No sweet taliking required. YMMV.

hmm... AF Finance @ Manas and Army Finance at KAF both sang the same song about not being allowed to adjust expiration dates. I guess it's hit or miss who is actually informed about and enforces this guidance.

Keeping the card from expiring is not necessary regardless of a balance.

There may be a new rule about exp dates, but when I hit the Died in Dec 10, I just went in and had them change the expiration date and it is still working right now. No sweet taliking required. YMMV.

I last left here in Jan of '10...when I arrived a year later, they told me the card was expired and I needed a new one, to include filling out a new application and printing another copy of my LES.

I didn't see it addressed, but it's been over 2 years...the Eagle Cash Card does NOT require a credit check and does NOT affect your credit score in any way. I don't remember who posted you needed a credit check. What you actually need is proof of ownership of the account you're using, like an LES showing your direct deposit information, or a check, or a print out of your bank statement.

Like I said, YMMV. I last left in Feb '10. Tried to use the card in Dec 10 and it didn't work. Asked the finance guy at the Deid, he looked at it in the computer said it was expired and reset the date. Did you actually see the policy guidance?

Nope, I just filled out a new application. Seemed faster and easier than asking to see the guidance, NCOIC, etc...

Like I said, YMMV. I last left in Feb '10. Tried to use the card in Dec 10 and it didn't work. Asked the finance guy at the Deid, he looked at it in the computer said it was expired and reset the date. Did you actually see the policy guidance?

Similar situation for me. Left in '08 passed through the deid last month on my way to Kirkuk. Card was expired and the deid finance updated the expiry date for me on the spot and asked me if I remembered my pin, if not they could reset that too.

What you actually need is proof of ownership of the account you're using, like an LES showing your direct deposit information, or a check, or a print out of your bank statement.

I didn't even need proof of ownership at BAF. I just turned in the form with my bank info filled in and they gave me a card.