New Uniforms

Guest Rainman A-10

Guest lovelacm

LJ - LOL!

That's close what we started out wearing back in college (AFROTC)... damned bastards changed it to the business suit.

I'm right with you, man. Are we in the USAF or a Fortune 500 company? Can we at least LOOK like it, please!?

However, I'd slide the O-5's rank back down his epaulets to the edge like "old days." Shoot, I even like the "Props" on his lower collar... Collar's a little large for my taste, but the rest of it looks sharp.

:B&B Liquer:

Linda

Guest Aces-High

All you have to do is look at pictures of Generals from the very beginnings of the Air Force until now. It's the same way with the rest of the country. We're going from no-nonsense kick ass guys to a bunch of softies who won't even talk tough anymore. Except for fighter dudes (and I'm thinking mainly of A-10 dudes) and PJs and the like... everyone else seems to be turning into a bunch of wads (SNAPS etc. Some of the SNAPS in pilot training run around thinking more about learning to cook french cuisine and how best to coordinate their post modern furniture than about fighting a war and how best to blast the enemy). It's just

[ 12. May 2006, 23:30: Message edited by: Aces-High ]

I second LJDRVR, just go back to the cold war style uniforms, period. As gay as this whole fashion show looks, at least it shows they realize how stupid we look in our gay ass leisure suits. There's no way they're going with the high collar Billy Mitchell thing. Give me the Curtis LeMay style and I might actually not ***** about having to wear it once a year.

Originally posted by Aces-High:

All you have to do is look at pictures of Generals from the very beginnings of the Air Force until now.

Comparison:

The old days-

zkfgg7.jpg

zkfgqd.jpg

zkfh1d.jpg

For God's sake, the old hats could even make a chaplain a bad ass.

zkfho8.jpg

The new days-

zkfk9z.jpg

You decide.

HD

[ 13. May 2006, 00:25: Message edited by: HerkDerka ]

What I don't like about the "prop & wings" is that it makes us look more like the Army (those are Branch insignia like the Army wears on their Class As). And the one thing I wouldn't want is any indication that we desire to be like the Army. There is already too much of that going on.

Of course I need to caveat all this by saying I no longer wear the uniform, but as I still work on an AFB I would have to not laugh at people who came to work dressed like this! It would be tough!

HerkaDerka gets my vote for the best post in this thread! thumbs.gif

Cheers! M2

i actually am gonna get killed for this, but I think the new concept of uniforms are actually not bad, except that we are ripping off the marine corps. We do need to get a uniform and stick with it though, and if they change the airline pilot business suit I wouldnt be upset.

AND they need to make it so no one can wear the damn short sleeve blue shirt with a tie. Wow.

Kinz

Guest soflguy

blackssuniform.jpg

CSAF:"Dies ist gut. Ja?"

Underlings: "Yes sir. Makes you look very... ummm.... dignified."

EDIT: Cuz German is not my forte... and for a clearer picture

uniform500.jpg

[ 13. May 2006, 17:18: Message edited by: soflguy ]

Guest driftsight

Shit boys, you're all wrong...

Marine look-a-likes or not - I'd wear the first set anyday.

Originally posted by HerkDerka:

For God's sake, the old hats could even make a chaplain a bad ass.

zkfho8.jpg

For the record, the wheel caps are still available. In fact, all field grade officers are "required" to own one. While I should probably not admit this in public, I actually own one (was forced to by previous CC...long story)...it is actually pretty hilarious to wear the thing around and watch the reaction of people.

Originally posted by ClearedHot:

It just struck me as odd how the USAF spends millions of dollars to send some of us to UPT and we end up holding wheel caps, carrying luggage for the boss, and my personal favorite....answering the phone.

Agreed...but at the end of the day, you're making close to $50/hr to do what a civilian secretary gets $8/hr to do. Plus you've got good medical benefits and a retirement. Gotta love government service.

Originally posted by busdriver:

If we're gonna change up the uniform, can we lose the gay ass powder blue shirts?

Or at least let us wear white undershirts with a collar that shows instead of the John Travolta look with all your chest hair sticking out.

Originally posted by herk28:

Or at least let us wear white undershirts with a collar that shows instead of the John Travolta look with all your chest hair sticking out.

here is a crazy thought - not regulating the type of undershirt to be worn underneath the short sleeve blue (except for it being plain and white)...so people have the OPTION of the crew-neck, the v-neck, or even the wife-beater...

perish the thought that it be made a choice! we're already given the choice to wear it with a tie or not...

Guest TheBurt

Wow,

I don't log on for a couple of weeks, and find this thread, it made me laugh more than the CAP Spaatz girl, priceless. More Chair Force bullsh*t.

Funny, while I was being "force shaped" out of my active duty pilot slot in 1990, McPeak was changing the uniform, I love the Star Wars/Marine Corps look, nice butch look for the female general. It reminds me of SOS, and "warrior Fridays", yeah you, supply guy, "your a fvcking warrior". I especially liked trying to get in the warrior shoe clerk girls pants at the brew pub in Montgomery on warrior Friday nights.