Fastest Correspondence SOS

189Herk

Guest Gonads

Well, you shouldn't have been able to do it that fast. By reg, you have to take a week in between tests. At least thats what our education office says.

It sure would have been nice to take it 14 days though.

Anyone know the record? Just knocked it out in 14 days, there has to be a faster time than that though.

The Ed Office here at Manas makes people wait a week between tests also.

Guest Caddis
The Ed Office here at Manas makes people wait a week between tests also.

I do not believe it is a reg for a one week wait. I took two ACSC test in a two day period to finish up my course. The testing office said that it was not normal to do them back to back but that there was no reg against it. I finished ACSC in in 45 days.

Short thread hijack:

Boom are you guys still allowed off base at Manas?

Guest C-21 Pilot

We had several folks (including me) who finished in 11 days last year on the deployment - had to test every other day.

This was at Manas as well....looks like 1 week is now the norm. Don't get it, and never heard of a regulation about a time in between testing.

Boom, I'd inquire the good folks upstairs to see the regulation.

Boom, I'd inquire the good folks upstairs to see the regulation.

I'll tell my AC to have them show him the reg. He just took test three and would like to finish them ASAP instead of waiting for each week.

I'll tell my AC to have them show him the reg. He just took test three and would like to finish them ASAP instead of waiting for each week.

Here at the Died they say 3-5 days between tests, but that is just for your scores to get in. It generally just took 1-2 days for the scores, so they would let you take the next test.

Guest C-21 Pilot
Here at the Died they say 3-5 days between tests, but that is just for your scores to get in. It generally just took 1-2 days for the scores, so they would let you take the next test.

Exactly the reason why you had to wait a day at Manas. However, I vividly remember that if you had the score printout from your previous test, the SSGt at the education center would let you test.

Guest Cap-10

Not sure of an actual reg that states the time limit between test.

I finished ACSC is about 60 days (I was max performing my entire 18 months, decided to wait until the last mintue, and threw in a PCS to OCONUS and XMAS leave in the middle just for good measure).

It would normally take 2-3 days for the scores to post to the AUSIS website. As soon as the scores posted, I could order the next test, which normally took about 6.9 seconds to get mailed to the testing center (based on the confirmation e-mails I recieved). Cram, I mean study for a day or two, and take the next test first thing Monday morning. Did one test a week, throw in 2 weeks off for X-Mas and PCS) and you have 2 months start to finish.

I'll leave you with two of my favorite pieces of inspirational sayings:

1) Remember, if you wait to the last minute......it will only take a minute.

2) Hard work often pays off over time....but procrastination always pays off now!

Good luck!

Cheers,

Cap-10 :flag_waving:

2 on 60 days for ACSC.

And AWC.

Hypothetical question: I've wondered why when one's spouse did AWC and her paper (with some (100%) ghost writing by the one) got a 'good.'

Then, when one took AWC later, turned in essentially the same paper, and got a 'marginal?'

Then one gets his stones busted regularly about her paper being 'better' than one's.

Hypothetically speaking, of course?

Anyone do this sh-t with a Mac? I'm trying to get in but wack-ass ADLS is telling me my security settings are too high... I've already got it set to accept cookies from sites I navigate to. How the F is an Air Force system telling me to lower my settings. Imagine if MG Lord knew a DoD site was telling me to lower my security.

Can I even do the course on a Mac?

Also, the Air University website is the most pitiful site I've ever seen. I couldn't even find a freakin' link to the ADLS site that it tells me all about. Yes I know ADLS is what I use for my 98670867867876 hours of CBTs at work (oops, I mean "90 minutes per year") but I'm tryin' to knock out SOS at starbucks.

Thanks in advance.

zb

WTF- along with my enrollment in SOS, I get a letter saying the reason most people don't complete on time is procrastination. First of all BS, we're all deploying like sons a bitches and trying to knock out masters degrees all while flying and busting our asses and Base Education is not doing myself any favors.

So I start and have a plan to do 1 test a week. Done with the first test and now I can't schedule another test for two fing weeks. I scheduled the next test when I could and asked could I please be added to the standby list as well, that way I could keep my previous appt and possibly get test 2 done a little ahead of what they told me. Nope, sure couldn't. They should administer these tests like taking FAA tests, walk-in pay your money take your test and leave. Why it has to be scheduled en masse makes no sense to me.

I know this doesn't tie into correspondence but figure I would throw it out there.

Apparently when apportioning out SOS in-residence slots there is a whole other bucket of slots for those that are going to be attending TDY-enroute. This happened to a friend of mine who was PCSing and happened to pick up a slot. Apparently they apportion out the slots to different MAJCOMS but he was able to pick up a slot because he would be TDY enroute to a different MAJCOM. I might be preaching to the choir but if you have a PCS coming up to a different MAJCOM (white jet tour perhaps) and haven't been in-residence it might be worth your while to call AFPC and see if you can get in.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Any new info on how the gouge is working out? I heard they changed the tests up. Does this affect only people who are signing up now or people who signed up months ago as well?

I signed up last month and took the 1st test today. PM me for more info if you still need it.

• 2 weeks later...