CENTAF now AFCENT

Champ Kind

:vomit:

http://www.af.mil/news/story.asp?id=123090557

Way to go, big blue.... More change, just for the sake of change.

I wonder how much the total cost will be to ditch all of the existing "CENTAF" patches and produce the new "AFCENT" patch. At least all the shoe clerks will have another uniform discrepancy to gripe about as you come into the chow hall with the "old" patch.

080229-F-0000K-001.jpg

Yeah, I read about this yesterday. This seems to be SOP for the Air Force as of late, renaming everything to protect the guilty. Seriously, what benefit can be derived from the name change?

Cheers! M2

One of my NCOs got coined by LTG North last week, two days after the change went live. The coin still said CENTAF. He mentioned that he considered handing it back to the 3 star and asking for an AFCENT one...

Might have been amusing if he had, though I'm sure my CC is perfectly happy he did not do that.

May I recommend that BaseOps now be called OpsBase?

zb

One of my NCOs got coined by LTG North last week, two days after the change went live. The coin still said CENTAF. He mentioned that he considered handing it back to the 3 star and asking for an AFCENT one...

Might have been amusing if he had, though I'm sure my CC is perfectly happy he did not do that.

May I recommend that BaseOps now be called OpsBase?

zb

Shouldn't we have a motto to change every few months as well?????????

Cooter

Seriously, what benefit can be derived from the name change?

From what I read, it sounds like Big Blue doesn't even have an answer....

This redesignation effort marks the implementation of the chief of staff of the Air Force's direction to establish an Air Force component organization that is structured to operate and train every day in its wartime configuration.

HD

This redesignation effort marks the implementation of the chief of staff of the Air Force's direction to establish an Air Force component organization that is structured to operate and train every day in its wartime configuration.
Holy bureaucrat-ese Batman!

Can anyone translate this into plain English, or should we just say "waste of time and effort" and call it a day???

This seems to be SOP for the Air Force as of late, renaming everything to protect the guilty. Seriously, what benefit can be derived from the name change?

Hey, let's re-name the KC-45 and F-22... we'll surely get funding then!

SECAF: "Ah yes, Senator, we're requesting eleventy-billion dollars annually over the next 20 years to fund the 45-KC and 22-F programs."

Senator Fellon: "Well there Mister Secretary, what precisely are these programs?"

SECAF: "Senator, these two programs will revolutionize air and space warfare in the 21st century via a synergistic interaction with each other, and through independent interaction with other battlefield-shaping, battlefield-superiority and NTISR platforms... <insert 10 more minutes of new-age buzzwords and ridiculous acronyms without saying anything of substance>"

Senator Fellon: "Hmmm, that's very interesting, Mister Secretary. These programs don't currently exist?"

SECAF: "No, Senator. They do not."

Edited by JarheadBoom

This redesignation effort marks the implementation of the chief of staff of the Air Force's direction
The Boss made this change

to establish an Air Force component organization
to get his people

that is structured to operate and train
to work hard

every day in its wartime configuration.
like they are now.

While I also think it's BS; I think it paves the way for AFCENT to become a MAJCOM, just like USAFE and PACAF.

Although I don't understand why they don't do away with those entirely - just strip down to the basic component commands of ACC, AMC, AETC, AFSC, and AFSOC.

Me thinks that the Navy folks are brainwashing the minds of our senior leadership,...USAFCENT,...WTFO? And until very recently, wasn't a particular ADM. Fallon the the CENTCOM CINC,...yes I said "CINC" Rummy! Now that I think about it, maybe I should have stayed AD instead of switching to the "dark" side, because I have a sure-fire idea that definately screams "upper" management following this line of thinking. How about we change what we now refer to as the MPF to another clever name like CBPO! I'll stop my ranting now. Cheers Fellas!

Me thinks that the Navy folks are brainwashing the minds of our senior leadership,...USAFCENT,...WTFO? And until very recently, wasn't a particular ADM. Fallon the the CENTCOM CINC,...yes I said "CINC" Rummy! Now that I think about it, maybe I should have stayed AD instead of switching to the "dark" side, because I have a sure-fire idea that definately screams "upper" management following this line of thinking. How about we change what we now refer to as the MPF to another clever name like CBPO! I'll stop my ranting now. Cheers Fellas!

I've got to agree with the navalization of the air force acronymnoly. It's just setting the stage for McXXXX to be the Sec Def. Be afraid.

RANT SWITCH - ON

I'm a career guy. At least I want to be. But the way shit is going, I'm thinking Netjets or Southwest look awefully good right now. I'll say it. I hate the spineless, bureaucratic, promotionally minded leadership in the AF and DOD that is doing this crap. Can the Air Force PLEASE get back to flying, fighting, and winning in Air and Space? Forget this name changing, uniform nazi, comm nerd Air Force. I'm sick of it. The AIR FORCE is all about AIR POWER...hence the name. If your job doesn't involve flying and you're in the air force, you are there to help get planes in the air in some form or fashion. Be proud of that! Do your job, look up and see the 4 ship in the break overhead and smile. You helped that happen. Are you a warrior? NO! But you helped warriors...be proud of that. If you fancy yourself a warrior...the PJs, CCT, Marines, and Army are all waiting for you.

Why can't the leadership of the Air Force just say that? Because they're worried about hurting someones feeling. Some warrior mentality that is.

We are the US military. We break things and kill people better than anyone else in the world...and we're worried about hurting our troops feelings...give me a break.

I am not a warrior. I am aggressive, determined, and willing to kill people for my country, but that's not my job right now. I'm content with that. I take warriors to the fight, and I'm willing to do whatever it takes to get that job done. I do not need a commander to tell me that I'm a warrior. I do not need catchy phrases and responsive chants to get me modivated. If you need that stuff to get modivated about what you do...you do not belong in the military and most definitely not the Air Force.

Can someone please forward those notions directly to the whole specrum of Air Force leaderships. I'd appreciate it.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

RANT SWITCH - OFF