Bombers to T-1s

Guest ClemsonFlyBoy

Wrong! They take a few more than that, we would send 2-3 just from the Buff per year...that's not including FAIP's, Pilot training, Bones, and "Fiters"

Container: "They have taken bomber Co's before, so it's an option. They only take 1-3 guys a year..." QUALIFY W/Buff...OPSEC required me to be as elusive as possible. Secrets are out, change your P@sSW0rds....

Wrong! Leadership aside (dudes leaving to become DO's/CC's, I have only seen 2 dudes come back from the B-2 and they both screwed the pooch royally while up there. Once you are a B-2 asset, your ass(et) stays there...that is the norm, I am sure there are exceptions like the dudes I know.

Container: "After your stint, you can stick around or go back to your airframe" - Dumbing it down for the uninformed...Hell, the thread started because some crazy bombers to T-1 suggestion came up...WTF the craziness?!?. The KBAD 2BW WG/CC was a B-2 guy for a bit.

LOL what the hell did they do to get kicked out of b2's?

Champ Kind: "stick to giving advice about CAF/BAF/whatever assets, bro"

So what is it then?

LOL what the hell did they do to get kicked out of b2's?

Like I said, Leadership aside! One dude raised the gear too early in the T-38 while getting qualified up at Whiteman...he came back to the Buff and later got booted from the AF for having sexual relations with that Woman, Miss Lew-Boomer while out at Diego. He also had pictures taken of himself during AR without his helmet on (same deployment), rumor had it that it was the boomer's boyfriend that turned those pictures over as they were taken from the Boom pod. The 2nd dude just flat washed out of B-2's...yes, I guess it can happen.

I kindfully suggest using a web site called "Mapquest".

Or you can hit up Yahoo! Maps to find the dopest route.

However, Google maps is the best. True that. (Double true!)

It shows KC is about 1.5 hours to Whiteman. :bash:

Having just left there you can make it to Lee's Summit in 45 min and all the way to MCI in 1+15. The ballparks are on the east side so maybe in hour to there.

Regarding the B-2, yes you can leave if you try. We had several selected for TPS and there are many other options. However I don't recall many others going back to their previous MWS. Container highlighted that the 2BW/CC was a previous B-2 guy which is true. Leadership options suck at Whiteman so if guys do leave it's to get a command job somewhere else, probably what they flew before. I know a few that even went to Offutt and I believe the CAFB OG is a previous B-2 pilot.

The lifestyle is good for the family and maybe that's a reason why most apply. You can easily stay there for awhile if that's what you want.

Not sure how long the T-38 will be around so if it does go away I could see all bombers coming from the T-1.

If a fiter dude wants to be the best he shoots for the F22, heavies the C17*, and if your a bomber guy, the jet that goes in with the F22 CAP, the B2.

Damn,... I thought all those guys were trying to get to the U-2.

Guest thefranchise
Not sure how long the T-38 will be around so if it does go away I could see all bombers coming from the T-1.

T-1s will be gone way before the T-38s.

T-1s will be gone way before the T-38s.

T-38As at Whiteman will be there longer than T-1s? They may get lucky and get T-38Cs but I wouldn't count on it. Rumor was they may get T-6s in the future so I could see all bombers coming from the T-1 track.

So in conclusion (and after serious deviations from the topic at hand), the answer is no. Bone's will not be tracked out of Toners. Honestly, I don't know where and why people started this rumor. Obviously, someone heard this in UPT from a friend of a friend of a friend of an IP that doesn't exist. Hey lets start another rumor... Britney Spears is pregnant again!