T-6 Texan II sim

Guest moester

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't claim to know anything about how the T-6 flies (never been to UPT, just a fvckin' LM), however I have purchased several products from IRIS in the past and I've been fairly to mightily impressed. Their F-14A, for example, is fantastic, and their F-15s (both Albino and Mud Hen) are pretty damned good too.

I'll definitely be buying the T-6 and giving it a whirl too.

I would say if you're 20 degrees nose high in the T-6, 0 KIAS, have 36% torque set, and have 15 degrees ITT with 101% N1, along with no vertical speed at all that it's not a very good simulation.

I would say if you're 20 degrees nose high in the T-6, 0 KIAS, have 36% torque set, and have 15 degrees ITT with 101% N1, along with no vertical speed at all that it's not a very good simulation.

Rocker - 1, Iris - 0. Owned!

But to their credit, it does look good. But, it cost 40 bucks! So if anyone is thinking of buying this to "prep" for UPT, don't waste your money. Go buy some :jd: instead. It's not going to help you at all.

Ouch.

Iris Simulations also seems to be a little confused when it comes to AF paint schemes.

2ag3nvd.png

HD

Guest Jpilot
Ouch.

Iris Simulations also seems to be a little confused when it comes to AF paint schemes.

::pic::

HD

And shouldn't the guy in back be shouting and have his hands up in the air like "what the hell are you doing?"

Sometimes with military aircraft payware add-ons for FS, the instruments don't/can't necessarily line up all the way with reality - it's a sim-ism, the basic issue being Microsoft Flight Sim is a GA simulator. It can simulate the f*ck out of a Cessna 172, but when somebody makes, say, an F-22 add-on, not everything that airplane would have is necessarily supported by the basic software of the sim (such as a HUD, Microsoft didn't build those in for C-172s). So then it's up to the developer to fill in the blank areas and create something that works.

The payware developers do the best they can do with what they've got, but sometimes it just won't be 100% maximum fidelity.

Guest egovolo

If you have to punch out your also screwed. I'm assuming since the seat pin is not in the canopy latch, it must still be in the seat.

I'm wating for the predator sim to come out myself. I hear its exactly like flying the real thing too.

Edited by egovolo

Guest David Brice

:) Point taken...actually that shot was taken in slew mode within Microsoft Flight Simulator and as such, the instrumnent panel settings are all incorrect. How do I know? I was the one who did the screenshot.

Oh and the tiger cammo scheme is fictional... but it does look cool. :P

David.

Flight simulators will help you pretty much 0 in UPT.

Why? A sim doesn't come with:

1. An instructor in the back seat

2. P-factor

3. Helmet/Mask

4. Patterns with 10 initial solos trying to kill you

5. Local ass pain procedures

6. standups/EPQs

Go buy :beer: or pay for :bohica: instead

Guest egovolo

2. P-factor

3. Helmet/Mask

6. standups/EPQs

:beer:

:) Point taken...actually that shot was taken in slew mode within Microsoft Flight Simulator and as such, the instrumnent panel settings are all incorrect.

Slew mode? Like in the real airplane?

2. P-factor

3. Helmet/Mask

6. standups/EPQs

Agreed. The physical "stick and rudder" motor skills of flying the aircraft are the easy part of UPT.

Guest zmanisfireproof

I would disagree that this sim would NOT help you out at UPT. This sim is perfect for teaching prospective students the instrument layout of the t-6. Wouldn't it be better to be familiar with the instruments before you jump in the cockpit months ahead of time, rather than trying to cram in all that studying and 'chair flying' the night before?

I'm going to Laughlin next Oct and I'm going to buy this sim from Iris. It can only help me to know as much about the T-6A as I can before I get in the cockpit.

It can only help me to know as much about the T-6A as I can before I get in the cockpit.

Whatever floats your boat. But just so you know, a picture of the cockpit could do the same thing. Not to mention during academics you can always go checkout a UTD sim...looking at a flightsim graphic on the computer is one thing, actually sitting in the cockpit physically flipping switches is quite another.

I have to agree with zman. I think it would at least help with figuring out how to program the KLN 900 GPS (there is no simulator available like there is for the Garmin series and the KLN doesn't seem to be as straight-forward as Garmin) and set up various instrument approaches, so when you do get into the actual cockpit or UTD sim it'll be easier and less time-consuming. Not to mention the valuable time saved from not having to learn this for the first time could be used for studying other stuff during UPT.

Edited by lagguer