Switching from heavy to bomber

Fozzy Bear

Huh? WTF? Explain to me the process for applying for a non-existent program. You might as well tell some MPF bubba to "keep on applying to get that Raptor assignment"...

Touche', understood...but someone somewhere had to make that policy and as soon as that person leaves (or their Exec, secretary) that policy is forgotten and you call the same office you have been calling for years and suddenly you get a"I don't know, let my find out" instead of a "hell no"; and you produce an obscure reg from somewhere, and that person knows "no better", and holy sh!t you somehow beat the system.

"Big Blue', just like any corporation, is a promotion game; majority of the people running it are idiots, but damn good at playing the game, and they could care less if an MPF bubba got a raptor assignment as long as their OPR looks good. So yes, right now there is no way these assignments are going to happen, but there is not such thing as "non-existent" over any period of time in the military. Maybe they will decide that only IFF trained folks can fly UAVs, or be UPT IPs, suddenly they need someone to fly the bombers again.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I understand the class size is limited because of the new sims...there are only X number of sims and they can't just push more people though because they could theoretically fit in a room. As for pipeline students most classes have 5 slots for EWO out of a class of 15-20 studs. Plus you have foreign students who frequently take up 1-2 slots.

From my class that graduated 17 overall, there were only 5 pipeline kids that tracked EWO. The rest of the slots were taken up by 2 Canadians, 2 strike eagle dudes, and 3 bone WSOs. 12 is the max total class size and if there were more WSOs going through, there'd be even fewer opportunities for pipeline kids to track EWO (which was fine by me b/c I wanted nav but if you wanted EWO you hoped for a class that had fewer outside students filling up the potential slots...sts).

Of course all of this will change with the new CSO school so opportunities might be more available if they still run a EWO top-off course for already winged WSOs.

Personally, having done EWO, and having seen how it's applied...there could frankly be a much shorter top-off course for B-1 and F-15 guys.

Personally, having done EWO, and having seen how it's applied...there could frankly be a much shorter top-off course for B-1 and F-15 guys.

Word...our guys were none too happy to be sitting at RNF for months listening to beeps and squeeks instead of learning how to go fast and blow sh*t up at their FTUs

Edited by nsplayr