Unofficial Air Force Recruiting Video

Guest ruckerstud

Whoever put that together should be made the chief of PA, and while it would be a waste of talent, they should be given the job of redoing the service dress, because they get the concept of heritage. Thanks for the motivation.

Guest pencilpusher

#1 recruiting video seen to date--thousands on Baseops.net forum wowed--moderators lauded "huge success"

Sorry...just got in from work.

Great video!

:flag_waving:

Now that is a ######in' Air Force video. As stated above, whoever put that together needs to be in Air Force PA. That video did an outstanding job tying together the Air Force of old with the modern Air Force. See the USAF DOES have some heritage to speak of! Promote it!

Why the hell isn't the guy who made this in charge of ALL the recruiting videos? WAY better than the "we've been waiting for you" stuff. Awesome video.

What, you mean if I snowboard holding a handheld GPS that doesn't make me a B-1 pilot? :rainbow:

Absolutely awesome video. Good technique of mixing clips from past to present, rather than making the whole thing a progressive slideshow.

Just watched it again... seriously awesome. The best Air Force-related video I have ever seen. And I've seen a LOT of them. (I have nothing to do at work.) Beautifully done. Beautifully done.

A similar video is also available on the site with some of the same audio clips but intermixes GWB. I love this sort of stuff.

Edited by Ill Destructor

Guest afdude2018
What, you mean if I snowboard holding a handheld GPS that doesn't make me a B-1 pilot? :rainbow:

Absolutely awesome video. Good technique of mixing clips from past to present, rather than making the whole thing a progressive slideshow.

haha!!! Yes it was nice to FINALLY see the b-1's in an air force commercial, but did they have to :rainbow: it up so much with the gps and snowboarding? geez

Guest cbire880

Looks like Ed Shipley is responsible for that video from the quotes at the bottom. He's got an F-86 he flys for fun, used to have a P-51. Somewhat of a hot shot who made his money making Richard Simmons videos. He was big in the startup of the Heritage Flight. Also was the owner of the company involved with the scandal involving the mega screen contract for the Thunderbirds airshows with Gen Hornberg. He probably has too much pilot stink on him for PA.

I'll join the chorus of praise for this video. One thing stuck me as I hear JFK's words throughout the clip... It has been a long time since we had a Commander in Chief that could instill such a feeling of patriotism and elicit such emotion just through a well written and orated speech. Not bashing here, just observing.

I'll join the chorus of praise for this video. One thing stuck me as I hear JFK's words throughout the clip... It has been a long time since we had a Commander in Chief that could instill such a feeling of patriotism and elicit such emotion just through a well written and orated speech. Not bashing here, just observing.

Personally, I'm a Reagan fan.

• 4 years later...

I don't know if anyone remembers this video, but it was a montage of AF clips with a voiceover from the Kennedy "Bear any burden" speech. The link to it's original host on airshowbuzz is broken. Anyone happen to have it saved?

Thanks.

Edited by Square