The Jill Metzger thread

Guest Kawen

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Still waiting for some real news on Metzger's "ordeal," but in the mean time here is some more poop posted on a blog I found...

"I've been stationed and Manas Air Base and have been to the Tsum Market countless times. The Kyrgyz people are a decent people and conditions are safe. We have a huge American ExPat community there. Ok, here's what happened. Our good Major had a fling behind her husband's back while assigned to Manas and got knocked up. She wanted to have an abortion before she returned home. She sought the help of a Manas Air Base Third Country National (TCN) employee thinking she could undergo a same day outpatient abortion. It didn't happen as planned. She experienced complications. The doctor wouldn't release her. She panicked and faked her abduction once she realized she wouldn't make Col Reese's stupidly imposed 22:00 hour curfew. That's what happened. Period. She's embarrased her nation and in the process, she has strained relations with the American Embassy in Bishkek and the Kyrgyz Ministry of Interior. Next time I go to Kyrgyzstan I'll be scorned by the local population and the Ministry officials and businessmen with whom I must interact. Thanks Jill Metzger. If the Air Force has any sense of integrity and honor, they'll throw the UCMJ book at her - Adultery, Conduct unbecoming, Unauthorized Absence. Her career is over. What a dumbass. No wonder the Air Force made her a Personnel Officer. She might be a champion marathoner, but she can't run away from this idiotic episode."
Good for a laugh, but probably not far from the truth...notice how the USAF hasn't said a peep about her lately?? Not even heralding her as a "hero" for surviving her "abduction"...which in itself leads me to believe these conspiracy theories.

Cheers! M2

• 1 month later...

Still waiting for the book.

"Free To Be"

Wait, that's been used.

How about:

"Proud to serve"

"Duty, Honor, Country, the Jill Metzger story"

"Run Free, Jill Metzger's story of abduction, escape and the uncaring military machine that destroyed the career of a proud American."

For those of you that remember my Barrell plane press release, and "X" the owl functional badge, check here soon for a new book review coming this weekend!

[ 18. January 2007, 22:10: Message edited by: LJDRVR ]

Standard...should we expect anything less? You know what...maybe it's time we cross-train her and send her to UPT? I hear we need more Raptor pilots.

Regardless of what the outcome of the investigation is, she'll play the gender card and walk...right out of the Air Force and into a lucrative book deal/ABC after school special. Then she'll join the speaking circuit and charge $25,000 per speech.

She certainly doesn't do too much to help the stereotype...but what do I know...I'm a Neanderthal.

• 2 months later...

I just got back from there, and we are allowed on the same trip she was "kidnapped" from, so, i would assume they know it was fake.

Side note, force protection has gotten retarded. There is little threat in Kryzgystan, but we compound ourselves in, and confuse the hell out of the locals as to why. The spanish dudes there have apartments downtown...and we can go out but only in groups and with 4 day notice, no booze, blah blah blah. The truth is its not Force protection, but force discipline.

We got there and did our 4 hour welcome brief, and the force protection guy says "I have been here only eight days, and I already smell complacency..." Wow, the whole thing is ridiculous.

• 2 months later...

Every time a chick does something stupid in the AF news (re: Airman charged with threesome thread), it makes me wonder "WTF is the story with the crazy b1tch of the year??" and revive this thread again.

Another google search, and nothing new it seems. This is a good review of the situation however.

Again I say...WTF!? Does the FOIA cover this sort of thing? At what point can we start requesting the FBI reports and such?

Guest Hydro130

"She was the classic, intensively competitive, driven super-achiever, fast-track promoted, workaholic, who, according to her husband, Capt. Mayo: "worked 12-14 hour days, seven days a week." It was inevitable that something was going to give sooner or later. And it did."

LMAO. An MPF zero working hours like that? That's some funny shiite right there... If that's the story she's been feeding her hubby for however long ("Sorry babe, I'm gonna have to work late again and ALL this weekend too -- you know how it is here at the MPF!!! The Air Force never sleeps!"), then he's one dim chump.

Good Lord, everything about this story reeks of total crap. Whatta d-bag.

• 3 weeks later...

In case that web site is blocked at any of our forward locations, I am copying it over so everyone can read...

Enjoy! M2

EXCLUSIVE

AIR FORCE TRIES TO SLIP MAJ JILL METZGER OUT BACK DOOR - MILITARYCORRUPTION.COM HAS LEARNED THE CONTROVERSIAL FORMER "ABDUCTEE" IN KYRGYZSTAN TO BE RETIRED JULY 2 ON A "DISABILITY" PENSION - TELL THAT TO WOUNDED MARINES COMING HOME FROM IRAQ - NO PUNISHMENT FOR MAJ'S POSSIBLE MISCONDUCT - NINE MONTHS AFTER MARATHON POSTER GIRL'S RETURN TO USA, AIR FORCE DECLINES ANY COMMENT ON "VERACITY" OF METZGER'S CLAIMS - TOP BRASS COWER BEFORE ALTAR OF "POLITICAL CORRECTNESS" MORALE OF RANK-AND-FILE DROPS - USAF PERSONNEL DISGUSTED AT DOUBLE-STANDARD

© 2007 MilitaryCorruption.com

They almost got away with it. The Air Force, which has remained silent about onetime "poster-girl" Maj. Jill Metzger, stonewalling the media for the past nine months, is trying to slip their well-connected but controversial officer quietly out the back door.

MilitaryCorruption.com has learned that the two-time Air Force Marathon winner, who made worldwide headlines last year claiming she was "abducted" while on duty in Kyrgyzstan, is being retired July 2 on a "disability" pension.

That will be of interest to those at Moody AFB who've seen Metzger jogging around the air base in the past few weeks. And we're sure wounded Marines, coming home from Iraq with arms and legs shot off, will be glad to know that the female major will likely have a higher pension than they. Of course, they don't have a doting daddy who's a retired Air Force colonel and knows people in the Pentagon. They don't have a hubby who's an OSI agent. And they haven't been celebrated as a super athlete in the military.

AIR FORCE TRIES TO COMPLETE THE "COVER-UP"

We suspected all along that when enough time had passed and the Pentagon thought they could complete the cover-up, Metzger would leave the Air Force with a PTSD pension that would give her enough cash to make up for part of what a 20 year retirement would have netted her had she stayed in. PFC Jessica Lynch reportedly got in the vicinity of $1 million dollars for her now forgotten book (we have no idea if she profited from the TV movie on her "exploits"). But Jill Metzger is just right to be the next feminist icon.

The driven, slender marathon runner could be played by any one of Hollywood's anorexic actresses as "a super-heroine, misunderstood and unappreciated by the Air Force" after telling her fantastic tale of derring-do. The "time-bomb" in her back pocket; the "trance;" strange men; overpowering her abductors in a cave; then the incredible 35 - or was it 40 - mile run to freedom. It makes the heart beat fast just to think of it. Why hasn't Jill been awarded the Air Force Cross?

You can read all about it in the October 16, 2006 edition of AIR FORCE TIMES. There, Daddy Metzger related how his darling daughter was "beaten up" and at one point "had a rope put around her neck." The retired colonel said Jill was "definitely kidnapped and abducted" but, if that's the case, and she "escaped" like she says, why hasn't the Air Force decorated her for valor and sent her on a whirlwind tour of the nation to recruit more women into the military?

Why? Because what she said didn't happen.

The incident that seriously damaged relations between Kyrgyzstan and the United States and has cost U.S. taxpayers millions more dollars to pay for the rental of strategic Manas AFB, didn't happen the way it was told or breathlessly reported by the mainstream media.

We invite our readers to carefully go over our three previous investigative articles on this case [see "related stories box" below] and weigh our reasons for having doubt.

NEWSDAY'S INTERESTING ARTICLE, FOLLOWED BY SILENCE

MilitaryCorruption.com wasn't alone in our skepticism. The liberal newspaper NEWSDAY on Long Island, N.Y. actually ran an excellent and objective piece on this incident on the same day the above-mentioned AIR FORCE TIMES article appeared. It was written by correspondent David Stern.

So important is his reporting from the scene, we reproduce the first three paragraphs here:

BISHKEK, Kyrgyzstan - New details have emerged in the case of a U.S. Air Force officer who disappeared mysteriously last month while serving in the far-flung ex-Soviet state of Kyrgyzstan, casting doubt on her claim that she was kidnapped.

Maj. Jill Metzger, 33, vanished from a store in the Kyrgyz capital, Bishkek, on Sept. 5, shortly before she was to return to the United States. Three days later, authorities said, she turned up at a farmhouse 20 miles away, her hair dyed and feet bloody, saying she had been abducted, had overcome her kidnappers and had escaped.

New facts revealed by the Kyrgyz police, however, deepened the mystery and raise the possibility Metzger orchestrated her own disappearance. Kyrgyz authorities say there is no evidence to back up her account that a woman approached her while she was shopping and kidnapped her.

Sadly, the editors at NEWSDAY realized this story wasn't kosher if they were to remain "politically-correct," so readers of that newspaper were not treated to any more hard-hitting journalism on the subject of Ms. Metzger. As we wrote in an earlier story, "the silence was deafening."

"OH, WHAT A TANGLED WEB WE WEAVE,

WHEN FIRST WE PRACTICE TO DECEIVE"

Our own reporting, from sources in the USA and Kyrgyzstan, indicate to us that Metzger was on a different mission. Could the intense, super-achiever officer, who was described as "moody and abrasive" by some on Manas AFB who saw her just prior to her disappearance, have been seeking an abortion in town instead?

MilitaryCorruption.com has learned from reliable sources that Metzger refused a pregnancy test and even balked at giving blood when being treated by U.S. military doctors. Why? FOX NEWS reported the major, who appeared before a federal grand jury in a super hush-hush session, failed a polygraph test.

If it proves true Metzger lied, that opens a whole can of worms for the Air Force. They will be seen as being so cowed and intimidated by the feminists they would not punish or court-martial such a celebrity officer, even if she was guilty of a myriad of offenses.

However, if a male Caucasian had gone AWOL, disobeyed a direct order, made false official statements, committed adultery and fraternization and instigated an international incident, falsely accusing a host country's people of committing the crime of kidnapping, we somehow think that man would be sitting in a jail cell at Leavenworth DB right now. He certainly wouldn't be handled with kid gloves or slipped out the back door by the top brass with a fat pension in his pocket.

AIR FORCE WOMEN HIGHLY CRITICIAL OF JILL

One of the biggest surprises to our investigators has been the disgust and dismay exhibited by Air Force female officers and NCO's towards their "sister" Jill.

"I spent my whole life showing I could be as good as any man, and now this little [expletive deleted] comes along and hurts what progress I've made," said a tough-talking major at an East Coast air base."Those who would deny us our place in the Air Force can now turn to the Metzger case and cite all the favorable treatment she got. It makes me want to throw up!"

A female sergeant at Travis AFB told one of our reporters: "It's so obvious she's lying. But because she's a big shot and connected, she can get away with anything. It's stuff like this that sets back womens' rights in the military."

An overwhelming majority of men we interviewed, both officer and enlisted, expressed contempt for the top Command. "They're just hiding her out until they can quietly retire her. If it was me, I'd have been court-martialed by now," said a disgruntled tech sergeant at McGuire AFB in New Jersey.

"I blame the media for letting them get away with this," a captain and fighter-pilot who's served at Moody told us. "They just go on covering Paris Hilton and other junk, and meanwhile this incident, a severe embarrassment to everyone in the Air Force, gets swept under the rug. Thank God for MilitaryCorruption.com. You guys never got put off or let go of this story. That's why you have such a wide readership on any base I go."

Actually, while we were practically alone in following up and staying with this story, Wizbangblog.com is to be commended for giving a forum to Air Force personnel who vented their frustrations about the Jill Metzger cover-up. Also, there were certain individuals, both active and retired military, who proved invaluable to us in getting at the truth. You know who you are. Thank you.

To the mainstream media, who for the most part, failed to follow-up on this story, you are now invited to call the Pentagon public affairs office and file a FOIA. Let's see what kind of "spin" they can put on this one. Now that we have published our exclusive, copyrighted story (for which we are sure you will give us proper credit) let's dig into this mess and identify those responsible.

Secretary of Defense Robert Gates has recently shown he can "pull the trigger" when need be, dispatching the obsequious Rumsfeld flunkie, Gen. Peter Pace, to the retirement list. We recommend he fire two more generals. Take a good look at a certain brigadier general in the OSI and while you're at it, what about the Air Force's bumbling chief of staff? The rank-and-file desperately want and deserve new leadership. Will Gates "clean house" at the Air Force? It's long overdue.

[EDITOR'S NOTE: Now that Jill Metzger is soon to be a civilian, we invite her to grace these pages with her own story of what really happened that day in Kyrgyzstan. She can be assured we will publish her words uncensored and even apologize to her in print if it turns out our low opinion of her is unjustified. So Jill, our pages are available to you, if you'd like to "set the record straight." Just e-mail us at staff@militarycorruption.com. Thanks.]

I started dry-heaving after reading that. If that's all true, daddy Metzger needs a roundhouse kick to the face. Jill Metzger needs some justice delivered to her.

Anybody know who this colonel is?

Guest Safe&Clear

Lord above, I hope this comes out somehow. Absolutely typical behavior by Big Blue.

I sometimes wish this mssg board were frequented more by the AF-at-large rather than just us aviators/ aviators-to-be. We could probably get a lot of info from some shoe-clerks in this case. And feed a lot more info OUT to the masses, thus making people come clean on this kind of crap!

Guest HercengTN

A little more fuel for the fire I found in the local newspaper in Myrtle Beach.

Wires > AP State - Wire > NC - Wire > State & Regional - Wire Wednesday, Jun 13, 2007

State & Regional - Wire Posted on Tue, Jun. 12, 2007print email Digg it del.icio.us AIM Mother: Air Force major who disappeared for 3 days to take leave

The Associated Press

Related Content

http://www.hendersondispatch.com

HENDERSON, N.C. --The Air Force officer who disappeared in Kyrgyzstan in September and reappeared three days later will take a leave of absence from the military to spend time with her husband, her mother said Tuesday.

Maj. Jill Metzger's 18-month leave will start next month, said her mother, Jeannette Metzger.

"It's just a temporary thing, just to give her a chance to get her life back together," Jeannette Metzger said. "She hasn't been with her husband - the Air Force did not put her with her husband - so this is a way that she's going to be able to be with him until she decides what she's going to do."

Jill Metzger, who grew up in Henderson, is married to fellow Air Force officer Joshua Mayo.

Capt. Gary Arasin, a spokesman for Moody Air Force Base in Georgia where Metzger is stationed, said he could not discuss Metzger's status. Since she returned to duty in late October, Metzger has continued her work in the mission support squadron, which oversees personnel matters for the base, Arasin said.

Metzger was stationed at the U.S. base in Manas outside the Kyrgyz capital, Bishkek, when she vanished Sept. 5 while on a shopping excursion in the city. When she reappeared three days, she said she had been kidnapped.

The Justice Department and Air Force Office of Special Investigations are looking into the matter. Capt. Christine Millette, a spokeswoman for the Air Force, said the Office of Special Investigation hoped to complete its investigation soon.

Information from: The Daily Dispatch, http://www.hendersondispatch.com

Honestly, you'd think the USAF would be smarter than this, especially considering the recent Congressional investigation into the Pat Tilghman cover-up and Jessica Lynch story spin. But, we need some collaboration on this, verification that it is true. Can't let this die, it is too insulting to the thousands of men and especially women who have served this country honorably, and who have earned a true disability.

Worse case scenario, someone drives to Moody and runs the dumb bitch over in their car while she is jogging on base one day. It would be a tragic accident, but a necessary one to save a little face for the USAF...

Cheers! M2

Guest Rainman A-10

Is that a paid LOA? What about benefits? Accrued leave during that period? Does it count for TOS/rank? Can she get promoted while on LOA?

Honestly, I've never heard of a LOA, let alone a conjugal LOA.

They just kicked out a shitload of USAFA cadets for "cheating" on some stupid/unimportant queep knowledge test and we're going to pussyfoot around with Maj Metzger?

I wonder what the USAF is afraid of. Maybe it was a GOs baby in her belly...good rumor anyway.

This whole story stinks to high heaven. "Kidnapped" for three days, magical return and now a LOA 'cause she misses her husband. If you can't handle it, get out. With all the force shaping and such I'm sure Big Blue could find a way to make that happen for you. And I kinda agree with M2's comment. Maybe not in the execution, but with the intent. Same with that Playboy SSgt (though her story isn't quite as funky as this one).

so this is a way that she's going to be able to be with him until she decides what she's going to do.

I love this statement. What big life-choice does she have to make right now?

Funny, the last time she "decided what she wanted to do", she got knocked up, had an abortion, went AWOL, and then blamed it on Kyrgyzstan.

Give it up Big Blue, lynch the bitch. We're tired of this shit.

HD

I'm actually encouraged by this news. First, the only people putting this "leave of absence" crap out is her family. In fact, this whole story is just their spin on the current situation. The Air Force didn't have anything to say about it:

Capt. Gary Arasin, a spokesman for Moody Air Force Base in Georgia where Metzger is stationed, said he could not discuss Metzger's status. Since she returned to duty in late October, Metzger has continued her work in the mission support squadron, which oversees personnel matters for the base, Arasin said.

I think this Major is about to have something bad happen to her. Either charges are coming down or she's going to be summarily dismissed from the service VERY quickly--publicly or discretely. This was a pre-emptive move by her family to get their story out first for some reason. But why? Perhaps the Federal investigation is about to be released and they'll cast her in a very bad light and/or her BS story to the curb. Maybe this lie involves a host nation local. Either way, the family put this out NOW for a reason and to help explain her disappearance and seclusion from the outside world.

If I were a betting man, I'd say she's going on leave for the maximum amount of days she's got earned. Secondly, I'd say the OSI investigation will be coming out within 30 days. Third, the chances are low that any Federal charges will be filed against her. Fourth, she'll be out of the AF by this time next year.

Batman

I think this Major is about to have something bad happen to her. Either charges are coming down or she's going to be summarily dismissed from the service VERY quickly--publicly or discretely. This was a pre-emptive move by her family to get their story out first for some reason. But why? Perhaps the Federal investigation is about to be released and they'll cast her in a very bad light and/or her BS story to the curb. Maybe this lie involves a host nation local. Either way, the family put this out NOW for a reason and to help explain her disappearance and seclusion from the outside world.

It's easier to make that claim than explain to the world that she's really here:

MILITARYprison.jpg

More from http://www.canadafreepress.com/2007/kincaid062107.htm

"In a major development, Military-Corruption.com reported on Tuesday in a copyrighted, exclusive investigative report that Metzger was being quietly retired July 2 on a "disability" pension. Retired U.S. Army Major Glenn MacDonald, editor-in-chief of the website, said this favorable treatment is an outrage that reflects political correctness and fear of feminism in the highest reaches of the Pentagon. "

Can it get any better?

Guest Robes

I think it is going to fall under the exclusions of the FOIA...

EXEMPTION 6 Personal Information Affecting an Individual's Privacy. This exemption permits the government to withhold all information about individuals in "personnel and medical files and similar files" when the disclosure of such information " would constitute a clearly unwarranted invasion of personal privacy." This exemption cannot be invoked to withhold from a requester information pertaining to the requester.

EXEMPTION 7 Investigatory Records Compiled for Law Enforcement Purposes. As amended, this exemption protects from disclosure "records or information compiled for law enforcement purposes.

EXEMPTION 7(A) Records or Information that Could Reasonably be Expected to Interfere with Enforcement Proceedings. This exemption authorizes the withholding of "records or information compiled for law enforcement purposes, but only to the extent that production of such law enforcement records or information ... could reasonably be expected to interfere with enforcement proceedings."

EXEMPTION 7© Personal Information in Law Enforcement Records. This exemption provides protection for personal information in law enforcement records. This exemption is the law enforcement counterpart to Exemption 6, providing protection for law enforcement information the disclosure of which "could reasonably be expected to constitute an unwarranted invasion of personal privacy."

Exemption 7 would apply if there was any actual investigation done by OSI... doesn't she have some relative that used to be an OSI SA?

Robes

Guest Dwight Schrute

I was at Manas when all this went down. Once the SERE dude was brought in to help the OSI guys find her things started to leak out. Apparently, he was being chauffered around by one of our life supporters. I heard a lot things that she had heard from the SERE guy. I am not sure what-if any of it-was true, but I heard the abortion thing less than 36-hours after her abduction. I also heard a bunch of other stuff that fits with all of the allegations about her disappearance. From the rumor mill, she was very 'active' at ole' Manas Air Base.

Side note: The guy I was deployed with has a history of picking pyscho's as his 'I gotta sleep with that!' list. We were in the gym and her picture was up on some stupid MPF memo. He said, "she looks pretty hot". I responded with "I am not sure about that." That was two weeks before all of this went down. It still cracks me up! He has THE 'crazy' radar; I never go near a lady if he is eyeing her up.

Edit-This is all third hand info. I am not intending to slander her, but just reporting what I heard.

Edited by Dwight Schrute