Baseops Forums

21 minutes ago, axc93 said:

Is there any information online about the process of applying for an unsponsored applicant? Maybe I just suck at searching but I cant find any concrete information on the application process itself. Everything says go talk to a recruiter.

Yes, because you need to talk to a recruiter. They will get you the documents you need to fill out, schedule your AFOQT/TBAS if needed, and get you sent to MEPS for a med screen. There's not a ton to do that doesn't involve a recruiter.

33 minutes ago, Daredevileng1 said:

The day has now come and gone. Anyone lucky enough to hear from the 190th?

Not a peep. Assuming you're talking about the 190FS.

On 2/1/2017 at 1:43 PM, tgonzo29 said:

Just submitted my package to the Oregon Air National Guard to be an F-15C pilot. Wish me luck!

Good luck!

On 1/3/2017 at 1:33 PM, hookemTX93 said:

You, my friend, are a gentleman and scholar. I've been fortunate enough to score my slot already but this is a great service to the community.

My one recommendation to update your script is if you change the "posted" date for the boards to the actual application deadline or at least include that in the homepage table. (That's more importanter info, my 2c)

Yes I will do that. I hadn't thought of that but that does seem to be more important than a posting date. Will update as soon as possible! Thanks for the feedback.

The 144FW (194th FS), California Air National Guard in Fresno, will be holding a pilot board on Sunday, May 7th 2017.  Applications for UPT candidates are due by Sunday, April 2nd, 2017 and notifications to be invited for an interview will be made on or around April 15th, 2017.

Please only submit packages electronically via the email at the link below. There will be two slots and one alternate. Unfortunately at this time, we are not pursuing age waivers.

Information can be found at the 144FW pilot board webpage:

http://www.144fw.ang.af.mil/Resources/Pilot-Boards

The site isn't up to date for this year yet but this post has all of the deadline info you need. Wanted to get it out there as soon as possible. Looking forward to meeting some of you!

• Upvote 1

The 144FW (194th FS), California Air National Guard in Fresno, will be holding a pilot board on Sunday, May 7th 2017.  Applications for UPT candidates are due by Sunday, April 2nd, 2017 and notifications to be invited for an interview will be made on or around April 15th, 2017.
Please only submit packages electronically via the email at the link below. There will be two slots and one alternate. Unfortunately at this time, we are not pursuing age waivers.
Information can be found at the 144FW pilot board webpage:
http://www.144fw.ang.af.mil/Resources/Pilot-Boards
The site isn't up to date for this year yet but this post has all of the deadline info you need. Wanted to get it out there as soon as possible. Looking forward to meeting some of you!

Must really want it to live in Fresno

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

On 2/18/2017 at 11:55 AM, caseylf said:

Must really want it to live in Fresnoemoji51.png

Well worth it.

Well worth it.

Navy guys would disagree ;) I did see the Fresno unit has 2 AGR jobs available, that should help.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

All, 

Due to our current deployment we have reschedule our outreach event. This will now be held on April 1st and is for APPLICANTS ONLY. The event is not a requirement but is a good chance to meet the pilots in the squadron and see the local area. Hand carried applications will be accepted for this event only. Our website is currently being updated to reflect this change. 

Please email jeremy.t.devlin.mil@mail.mil to RSVP. 

On 2/17/2017 at 1:18 AM, justlooking said:

There's no such thing. U have to leave active duty or pc

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Baseops Network Forums mobile app

I should have been more specific. I understand I will have to palace chase/front. I'm looking for what paperwork the unsponsored board needs as well as the process for routing. 

The day has now come and gone. Anyone lucky enough to hear from the 190th?

Answering my own question for the benefit of others. As of 0800 this morning the Superintendent of recruiting at the 124 FW still hadn't received names from the 190 FS to contact.
  • Upvote 2

Maybe they just got busy. Hopefully we all get a call!

Agreed, I bet that is exactly the case. Wanted to keep the group in the know so others didn't make same pestering call. Good luck to everyone here who applied.

Looks like the 190FS notices are rolling out. Just got my denial e-mail. Oh well, plenty more boards to apply for.

38 minutes ago, Topper14 said:

The DC ANG, 121st FS is now accepting applications for an upcoming UPT Board. Applications are due by March 26th. The link below should answer any questions regarding the process. Good Luck!

http://www.113wg.ang.af.mil/Portals/12/documents/DCANG UPT Guide Application Package - updated 9 Feb 2017.pdf?ver=2017-02-28-074514-200

Saved that file simply because there's so much good information for any ANG/AFRES UPT applicant/selectee. Thank you.