Pledge of Allegiance has "no place" in school

Ziplip

http://www.foxnews.c...-recite-pledge/

Maybe I'm the only one confused why she is against the pledge in the first place?

Sides started crying as she described why she is so opposed to the pledge being recited in her daughter's school.

What a festering ###### sore. Maybe they are having the children recite it because their dumbass parents are losing sight of their patriotism, and they do not want the children to fall into that same hole of stupidity.

"It pains me to think that at a school that emphasizes thinking globally we would institute something that makes our children think that this country alone is where their allegiance lies," said Sides. "This has no educational value for young children. Absolutely none."

If your child is an American citizen, then America is where your child's allegiance lies. Teach them to think globally all you want, but never lose sight of where you live and where you come from. No educational value? It is done with the morning announcements and takes but a few seconds. This does not take up precious time "globalizing" your child. People like this really piss me off. I come from a shithole country and I am the happiest person to be here. There are Americans that think life is better elsewhere just because the culture, language, whatever is different. It is not better. The rest of the world sucks. I would think someone that was in the Air Force would know better and at least have the slightest bit of pride in her country.

:vomit:

Edited by Masshole
  • Upvote 1

Found it originally on Fox..Thanks for making us proud, douche.

When Haley Sides moved to Seattle after four years in the Air Force, she chose to settle in Wallingford so her 6-year-old daughter could attend John Stanford International School...

"It pains me to think that at a school that emphasizes thinking globally we would institute something that makes our children think that this country alone is where their allegiance lies," said Sides.

Read more here -

http://seattletimes...._pledge22m.html

Guest Hueypilot812

There are Americans that think life is better elsewhere just because the culture, language, whatever is different. It is not better. The rest of the world sucks. I would think someone that was in the Air Force would know better and at least have the slightest bit of pride in her country.

:vomit:

She either never left CONUS, or she did her overseas time in places like Europe. If she had spent any time in the places I've been to (and currently am)...like Iraq, Afghanistan, Qatar, Kuwait, UAE, Oman...hell, even Turkey...she'd think otherwise. Even after spending a month TDY to Italy, I was ready to get back to the US. Italy is a beautiful country and there's a lot of stuff to see and do, but their politics and the way they do things is pretty ed up there. I can find similar disadvantages with the other European nations I've been to as well...not least of which that it costs a metric -ton to live in most of those places.

Must be the "What a shoe does after the Air Force" thread.

What was she thinking? (I know rhetorical question...) Did she think the publicity might actually help her cause? No matter what she believes, just agreeing to do the article has to be kind of like filling out an asshat self-nomination form.

Happy to say that here in NC, at my third-grader's school, every day starts with the Pledge, and all of the kids compete for the opportunity to lead the school over the closed-circuit TV feed from the office, and to raise the flag in front of the school. And from what I've seen that especially includes the large minority of immigrant kids, many (most?) of whose legality in the country is probably somewhat in doubt. A lot of the "local" kids could take the hint.

While I do not agree with her opinion, I support her right to have it.

Duh. I support people having the most ridiculous views as much as they want. To quote Dennis Miller "there are those who feel the need to enlist you in a cult whose core doctrine consists solely of their personal beliefs. Well, I subscribe to the theory of "The Cult of One." The cult of the individual. That way, if I "lemming off the cliff, I'm only following my own nose and not the ass of another lemming. That's what America's all about. A great nation that guarantees you the right to lead whatever sort of existence you want to lead, that guarantees me the right to ridicule it mercilessly."

• Upvote 1