Jump to content


Registered User
  • Content count

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Community Reputation

44 Excellent

About Chida

  • Rank
    Crew Dawg
  1. PRF Recommendations

    Write a pretty darn good PRF based on their Navy records. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  2. Flying around Kunsan

    Osan has an Aero club. That's the only thing in ROK I am aware of. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  3. What's wrong with the Air Force?

    Unless the guy was a criminal and given a dismissal thru a cm, given that we are supposedly in crisis, he should have been offered continuation. If he was not a criminal and not offered continuation, there's your evidence that the AF doesn't truly believe they're in crisis. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  4. Not possible to retire from IRR unless you picked up at least 35 points from point-earning activity from IMA, AD, or SELRES (includes ANG and PIRR). USAF has two PIRR programs that are technically IRR, but AFRES treats them like SELRES in that they're on the same promotion board as SELRES and they get a CAC. The two PIRR programs are Admissions Liaison Officer and CAP-RAP. Straight IRR does not get a CAC, thus cannot do PME courses. The only points possible are 15 membership points for a straight IRR guy, so you'd need to get the other 35 prior to going IRR in that RR year for that RR year to be good. In addition, AFRES only let's you stay IRR for two bad years, then you're transferred to the inactive status list. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  5. Meanwhile.... Where is the voluntary rated recall program? That's another tool they could use right now, but are not, as far as I know? True that most would not be interested, but some would be, and every body counts. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  6. Better than talking about Masters degrees, which was standard at the FTU in the 2012-2014 timeframe. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  7. ACSC in the Guard

    NS Player: The links you provided mention a distinction between active and reserve points. Such that if you have 20 years' worth of "active duty" points then you qualify for an "active duty" retirement. If you also have "inactive points" AKA IDTs, then those are added onto the regular retirement. You can't retire on a regular retirement with 7300 points of IDTs, besides being impossible to accumulate (130 points of IDT per year max).
  8. ACSC in the Guard

    You absolutely need a cac to do acsc. So being IRR and doing acsc is not possible now. The only way to do acsc without a cac is as a civil air patrol officer, so good luck getting arpc to credit that for your military career. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  9. Stocks for Dummies (Aviators)

    Tmobile. Probably will gobble up Sprint-Softbank (or vice versa). Plus they have a lot of spectrum, growth potential, and dynamic CEO. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  10. False. Plenty of smokin chicas right across the river. Gotta know Spanish, tho, bc they don't habla. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  11. Cell phone service providers?

    Check rootmetrics coverage app to see which provider is best for any given area. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  12. Cell phone service providers?

    What phone do you have? Tmobile's 700 MHz band only works with newer phones. Apple started supporting it with the 6s. My coverage with Tmobile is much better with the 6s than it was with the 6. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  13. It would be a DOD policy since flight pay is the same for all services. I don't see the services lobbying DOD to increase it because nowadays they would view it as giving something for nothing. USAF, for example, will always want an ADSC in exchange for more money. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  14. Get on the afepubs website and look it up. The regs are located there. But in any case it doesn't matter that your recruiter doesn't know the process. That's the way it be. Sts Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  15. You already hold a reserve commission, so no scroll required. It involves resigning from ANG and simultaneous request to transfer to IRR. Once that is done use form 1288 to get gained to whatever admin sq is in charge of you. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk