What's wrong wth Howdy?

Guest OldHercNav

Guest lovelacm

I'm sorry... I refused to shout, chant, or say "Air Power" when that became the "Air Force Battlecry" years ago. I'm certainly not going to vocalize "AIRP!" (Gee, wonder where that originated from?)

Quiz Question: Anybody know what the Marines, "Hoorah!" really means? I'm not sure the folks who wrote the Jarhead screenplan know.

(Anybody know how to make the text write upside-down? LOL!)

Answer: Kill!

[ 01. November 2005, 18:52: Message edited by: Linda ]

Great...overweight office workers and soccer moms with a battle cry.

Your United States Air Force, ladies and gentlemen: Substituting a manufactured image for actual combat capability.

[ 01. November 2005, 17:44: Message edited by: Fury220 ]

Originally posted by OspreySooner:

HOOHAH?

I beleive the term was originally HUA.....

It Stood for: Heard Understood Acknowledged.....

Widely interpreted by the troops as "Head Up A$$" - hence the change to the HOOAH!

The USMC version is "Oorah" and dates back to at least Korea

Guest lovelacm

Lord knows, with the quality of the food in the illustrious "DFAC" (Services' name for the "Chow Hall") you'll get plenty of practice with the "Howdy Call." (Don't confuse this with the HOWDI Check..).

The "Howdy Call" usually degenerates into something that stands-out less... such as "How ya' doin'," or "Hi, how's it goin'," or "YEEHAW!"

The "Howdy Call" is also appropriate in an enclosed vehicle.. especially if you're the driver... and you hit the "window lock" (assuming you have power winders) beforehand... it's fun to watch your passengers gag and gasp for clean oxygen.

God, I'm a sick bastard. Oh well...

Cheers!

Linda

Originally posted by Linda:

The "Howdy Call" is also appropriate in an enclosed vehicle..especially if you're the driver...and you hit the "window lock" (assuming you have power winders) beforehand...it's fun to watch your passengers gag and gasp for clean oxygen.

Linda

We used to call that game 'Turtle'...the first person to roll a window down loses. Great for the I-10 run to San Antonio (1100 miles of cruise control)...my kids are champions at it! :rolleyes:

Cheers! M2