What kind of Pens do you use?

Guest rotc_learning

Guest rotc_learning

Alright, so I have been studying for finals all weak (dead weak) and during this time I have gone through at least 4 pens or more. None of the pens that I have used really pleased me. I want something that looks professional. So, this is kind of an off subject question, what kind of pens do some of the other cadets or even officers use that are on these forums?

Guest Walter_Sobchak

Any Office Depot special that fits in the flightsuit pocket and has the clip on the side (no cap). I lose those things all the time.

Guest lovelacm

FSUEagle:

As one who's sold almost every sort of Mont Blanc pen made before about 1996 (yes.. I was a dork who worked at a luggage and gift store through high school), I can honestly say that they are very fine writing instruments.

Now, that being said - Would I ever bring mine flying with me? Hell No! Only things I keep in my flightsuit are the pens/pencils I can get from the supply folks at the squadron... gets broken or stolen? Get a new one! FREE! Mont Blanc pens are WAY too rich for my blood if I ever lost mine.

Cheers!

Linda

Guest AirGuardian

mont blanc good pens ? I do fly with them, but it helps to keep track of them...$$$

Have several of them and I only recommend the twist version vs the cap, since dropping the cap on the flight deck or anywhere else is rather cumbersome and expensive...

Note: These pens are a bit thicker, so you will need to stretch/modify your pen holders. Cross Pens are nice and last a long time. Kinda thin for my preference though.

I cant believe that conversation has gotten so dead that we have actually had 13 posts on what kind of pens people use. I also cant believe that I got sucked in and took the time to count how many people posted this. Since I am already on the subject, the kind of pen I like to use is one that writes.

"Ill take the penis mighter for $500 alex."

Guest Ragansundowner

During the early days of the space program NASA spent over a million dollars developing a pen that would write in space. The USSR said "let's use a pencil".

for all of you people just dying to know that.

Originally posted by Ragansundowner:

During the early days of the space program NASA spent over a million dollars developing a pen that would write in space. The USSR said "let's use a pencil".

for all of you people just dying to know that.

Yeah, and look where they are today. I'm glad we did that research.

On subject: you'll get promoted to Major up to 50% faster than your buddies if you have a matching pen and pencil set in your flightsuit. That's assuming they don't also have a matching set. I can't back that up.

[ 14. December 2004, 15:01: Message edited by: Rocker ]