Patch information (wear, care, etc)

Guest dpiddycanfly

You guys and your fancy "AMS" talk...

You need a stitch-cutter... looks like a small letter-opener... go at them from the inside and cut the stitches. Don't pull on the thread and it should come out just fine. Wash 'em and you'll never know. Now, if they are old BDU's and have worn a bit, there will be discoloration and you're screwed. But if they're new just cut them off and wash 'em.

~mix

[ 18. September 2006, 15:14: Message edited by: trailmix ]

^True^ I did that with some of my issued pairs from when I was an E and they cannot tell the diff. I was also able to do the same with the onld Mess Dress... get the silver braid and the board holders and I was set. Be careful that you do not rip the material of the garment and you are in good. You can also get the stripes off with a knife if you are careful.

Robes

• 7 years later...

I'm curious to get some opinions and legal info about the following:

There is an Ops Group that I'm familiar with that is going through the standard CUI awesomeness, and just as the last one 2 years ago, there is some uniform standardization arguments. Is it legal for a Commander to outlaw the US Flag patch to be worn, but still allow WIC, TPS, and Wing Patchs? I know there are discrepancies between fighter and heavy communities, but to tell someone they are specifically NOT allowed to wear the US FLAG, is that legal? Thoughts?

36-2903

8.4.7. Left Sleeve. Normally wear the US flag, emblem of appropriate wing, group, or center, positioned no lower than 1 inch from shoulder seam in accordance with MAJCOM supplements to this instruction. Members may wear the Weapons School Patch, USAF Test Pilot School Patch, (graduate or instructor) upon completion of the appropriate school when authorized by MAJCOM supplement to this instruction.

Sounds like you'll wear whatever your MAJCOM supplement says under 2903.

Edited by Azimuth

36-2903 ACC Sup:

8.4.7. Left Sleeve. A vivid emblem, approximately 3 X 3 inches in size, of the appropriate parent wing, separate operating group, or numbered air force will be worn on the Velcro. Members may wear the Weapons School Patch, USAF Test Pilot School (graduate or instructor) upon completion of the appropriate school. Installation commanders prescribe wear of the U.S. flag on the FDU. If prescribed, implementation will be installation wide.
It's stupid but yes, it's allowed if you're ACC.

Legal info? I wouldn't trust what you read on here. I recommend you head to your base legal office and get their take on this uniform travesty.

• Upvote 1

Legal info? I wouldn't trust what you read on here. I recommend you head to your base legal office and get their take on this uniform travesty.

Exactly.

Shut Up - before you get too spun up, I suggest you also look to see if there's a local sup to 2903 (assuming your command chief doesn't send out 6-9 references it prior to the CUI). It may specifically detail how patches are worn on that base. If still nothing, just take the patch off until the CUI is over.

• Upvote 2

Exactly.

Shut Up - before you get too spun up, I suggest you also look to see if there's a local sup to 2903 (assuming your command chief doesn't send out 6-9 references it prior to the CUI). It may specifically detail how patches are worn on that base. If still nothing, just take the patch off until the CUI is over.

5,000th post for Toro! You get a patch for that! You can't wear it until after the CUI is over though...

Bendy

• Upvote 3