Civilian flying during UPT

Guest driftsight

Guest 60flyer
Originally posted by cbire880:

I had an instructor who wasn't allowed to fly fixed wing while in Army helo training back in the day.

The Army is afraid you might like airplanes better. We weren't allowed to fly anything outside training until we made it to our aicraft qualification course. By then, you just wanted to get your qual done and get out of there so it didn't matter anyway. JT

[ 25. December 2005, 08:00: Message edited by: JT ]

Originally posted by PilotKD:

They also prohibited us from going to "Remerton", which was a small municipality of a whole 2 or 3 blocks located within Valdosta that had a well known row of bars that were popular with the local Valdosta State University populous and of course, the UPT studs. Remerton actually has it's own police department and the crooks, eerrr... cops, would park across the street from the bars waiting for military types to come out to nail them for public intoxication and what not. They knew we had a steady income as opposed to the local college crack heads. So, they banded us from going there. Quite a shame really, as those were some good times.

Man I hated those damn pigs. I remember barely walking out side of Bungalos with a beer and getting a ticket for 'open container'. What bull-shite. They told me that its not a big deal at all, just pay the fine and it won't be on your record.

I know I'm getting more off-topic, but are they still letting dudes go down there to Remerton?

Guest PilotKD
They told me that its not a big deal at all, just pay the fine and it won't be on your record.[/QB]
Ye, no big deal because all they wanted was your money. I'm wondering how long after I left they started letting studs go back there. That was Feb '04. Here's to the Remerton pigs:

[ 26. December 2005, 08:39: Message edited by: PilotKD ]

Originally posted by PilotKD:

I'm wondering how long after I left they started letting studs go back there. That was Feb '04.

I've been at Moody since summer '03 and Remerton has never been officially black-listed for all AETC students that I'm aware of. There was a short period circa '04 that the T-6 students weren't allowed to go there, but that is long gone.