Kegerator

I don't have any plans or schematics, but you motivate the hell out of me.

Edit: Try googling it. I typed "kegerator" into the search field and got this among some other hits...

Good luck!

[ 02. March 2005, 17:37: Message edited by: PhlashNU04 ]

If you want a true beer drinking machine, get a CO2 tank to pressurize the line, get a 20' hose and coil it up through a 5 gal bucket of ice. no matter how fast you drink the beer, even on a new from the store keg, it's always cold. Smaller, cheaper, and works better than a kegerator.

Yeah, but then you gotta make sure you have ice on hand, clean the puke out of the bucket from the last party, ect...Sometimes you just wanna pull the tap and get a frosty beer at 2 in the morning...

Stud@ENJJPT,

That's called a "jockey box". Works great when you have kegs all weekend at Havasu and such. And you're right, it can be 120 degrees and you can have a frigid beer. Ahhhh, the good ole frat dick days.

My setup cost about 200 + the price of the fridge. First find a fridge that will fit the keg. Standard kegs we use are half barrels, full barrels are basically industrial size. You'll need a CO2 tank (or nitrogen if you plan on serving guiness). Then get a faucet, tap (make sure you get the kind with two hose attachments, one for the low pressure air, not the pump kind) and pressure regulator. You'll attach the CO2 tank to the regulator via hose and control the pressure the regulator puts out (10-14 psi works for most beers). Then attach the regulator output to the tap via hose # 2. Then hose # 3 attaches the tap to the faucet. It's a pretty easy setup, saves money on beer, and makes for a good party house, take my word for it. Good luck.

Guest Shaft

Viper is right on the money. I built one and it cost me about $125 bucks. I got the fridge from DRMO cheap! A good place to go is by your local homebrew supply store. That's where I got all my stuff. Ended up building a kegerator that would either run 2x 5 gal soda bullets (homebrew) or 1x commercial keg.

Good luck.

My sr. year of college my roomate and I found an old fridge on the side of the road. . we figured we could use it for SOMETHING! He had a tap in his room, and i may or may not have helped myself to a LAB size CO2 tank from the Bio Lab. $20 later with some beer tube we were livin LARGE! Charge $3 for someone to come grab a cup and you'll have endless beer funds.

I have a buddy of mine who built a bar in his basement. For his setup (depending on how much you want to spend) he got a full size chest freezer that holds 2 full size kegs. Online, he found a digital temperature readout that controlled the temp. of the freezer, a small bottle of CO2 with a pressure gauge/regulator, and the hoses to go to his 2 taps. He set up the temp. controller to maintain 36 degrees in the freezer, and put the whole setup in a storage room behind the bar and drilled holes in the wall to run the lines to the taps, so you didn't see any of it while sitting at his bar. He's married w/ a 4 year old daughter, but they still go through 2 kegs a week with all the people they have over!! VERY nice setup!!

Guest copenhagen

go to http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/c...sion-kits.shtml

that is where I got all my stuff for my kegerator. they have extinsive faq's and info and their service was excellent.

nothing better than fresh keg beer any time you like. pm me if you have any questions - I've made several of these for friends and such. All you need is a hole saw and a drill to convert a fridge.

cheers.

matt

Guest jmac2222

biggest problem is that a tapped keg is only good for about two days. This mean 96 beers over 2 days or your keg is "shit out". I'd say building a kegerator for a pony keg would be the best idea.

Or just invest in a twelve pack and stop trying to be so damn cool!

Guest kottlows
Originally posted by jmac2222:

... a tapped keg is only good for about two days...

From drinking it all (I would hope) or because it gets skanky? The latter shouldn't happen if you use CO2 and keep 'er cold after taped.

-WARHAWK-

Dude, you are thinking of a keg in a plastic trash can with 2 bags of ice around it and a cheap ass convenience store tap. That goes bad in 2 days. A real kegerator keeps the brew fresh for a while.

Guest IHTFP2003
Originally posted by copenhagen:

go to http://www.beveragefactory.com/draftbeer/c...sion-kits.shtml

that is where I got all my stuff for my kegerator. they have extinsive faq's and info and their service was excellent.

nothing better than fresh keg beer any time you like. pm me if you have any questions - I've made several of these for friends and such. All you need is a hole saw and a drill to convert a fridge.

cheers.

matt

I would also reccomend thebeveradgefactory.. that is where I got my stuff they are great to deal with..

Guest joeaviator

ELLSWORTH I'm pretty sure that's the funniest thing I heard. I'll just assume your call to me inviting me over for a beer got dropped or something! LoL (Finally got a class date!! 0507)

As far as parts, when I put one together it was a real ***** to find all the individual parts cheaper than a kit itself, so I just got a kit from the BeverageFactory - included the C02 tank - 7lb I think.

As for keeping it fresh - the longest one I had on tap was 4 months (had to quit drinking beer for awhile).

Pics of mine:

http://community.webshots.com/album/38156216wtDtKg